Thread: How to enhance computational speed ?

How to enhance computational speed ?

The configuration of my computer includes 512MB of Ram, Pentium IV processor with 160GB Hard Drive. I always need to perform the computations of long and complex algorithms and structures.

Is there any software that will help to enhance the computation speed of the computer ?

Re: How to enhance computational speed ?

The two best options I think to speed up the computation you can do is:

Free up disk space
    By freeing disk space, you can improve the performance of your computer. The Disk Cleanup tool helps you free up space on your hard disk. The utility identifies files that you can safely delete, and then enables you to choose whether you want to delete some or all of the identified files.

Perform Disk Defragmentation to speed up access to data
    Disk fragmentation slows the overall performance of your system. When files are fragmented, the computer must search the hard disk when the file is opened to piece it back together. The response time can be significantly longer.

Disk Defragmenter is a Windows utility that consolidates fragmented files and folders on your computer's hard disk so that each occupies a single space on the disk. With your files stored neatly end-to-end, without fragmentation, reading and writing to the disk speeds up.

PC Optimizer Pro

• PC Optimizer Pro is a Powerful Software that Tweak Enhance Repair & Protech performance of your Computer.
    • It prevents your PC from crashing, annoying error messages and protects privacy.
    • Has ability to Scan & Fix Registry Errors, Clean Tracks and Internet Activities, Shredding unwanted files, Managing System Startup & Uninstalling Safely any unwanted software.
    • It's highly rated Registry Optimizer uses Advance Technology to Scan & Fix Registry Errors.

Download

The serial computers are commonly used to carry out the structural analysis.
    Different kinds of analysis method, computational styles and corresponding are also serial.
    In analysis of large-scale and many structures, there exists many large-scale and superlarge computational problems.The solution to these kinds requires high-speed operations and large memories. Based on traditonal structures of serial computers, high-speed cannot be assembled.

As a result, parallel computing was introduced.
    ELXSI parallel computer is a kind of system with multi-processor.
    In parallel computation, a complete program is divided into some independent parts which can operate simutaneously. Each part can operate on one CPU. So
    many parts can operate concurrently and the operating speed of entire system can be enhanced.