Thread: Problem with a Ram slot ?

Problem with a Ram slot ?

Hello, Everybody Here is my problem: I just bought a laptop Dell Inspiron 1525 which has two slots for ram. I have windows vista home edition pack 1 32 bit. However, I have a slot which is Causing me problem. When I put a a ram Stick over the slot, the computer refuses to boot it I was forced to reduce the memory of my computer to 1GB instead of 2. I note that the two Gb work up to a certain point. It first started by taking a long time to start before eventually refuse to start. Can anyone help me? Please Help Thanks in Advance

Re: Problem with a Ram slot ?

The two memory modules need to be the same, although not necessarily the same size, to work with each other. What I mean is if one is, say, SDRAM Unbuffered, the other one needs to be the same. Did you visit Crucial.com and let it scan your PC and then list modules that would be compatible with your system? Doing it that way comes with a guarantee to be compatible with your system or you can get your money back. If you can get your money back, you may be able to invest a little more and buy one new module of 256MB, depending on your motherboard

The problem can often be corrected temporarily by applying pressure to the RAM memory modules, thus making a better contact in the fractured solder joints mentioned above. One way to do this is to cut a small strip of metal and fold it in half. Then tape it to the inside of the memory panel so that when the panel closes, it places pressure on the middle of the affected module. Close the door (may not shut all the way), and boot the system. The computer should regcognize all RAM again. If the primary slot fails, the computer will fail to POST, or lock up during boot. In this case it is absolutely necessary to make the permanent fix mentioned above.

Hello , check the dell Support Page Regarding ram Issue http://support.dell.com/support/topi...B63&l=en&s=gen

Hello, Can You Swap the memory sticks from one bay to the other one?
    You can make a diagnosis of Ram with MemTest. If it is a slot that is the problem, the fact of cross bars for another test you will confirm it.Download it From Here also have you donwloaded the 32 diagnostics tool and ran the test you should test your ram and cpu just in case Hope it Will Help Thanks