Thread: Add 2 GB of ram to my existing 2 GB

Add 2 GB of ram to my existing 2 GB

Hello everyone,

I currently have 2 GB of RAM in 2 x 1 gb but given the low price of DDR2 I'm wondering if adding 2 GB of additional ram will add in games such as Crysis Warhead, GTA IV etc., although I know that 32bit OS to run up about 3.25 GB of RAM. i am under windows vista

Thank you in advance
    ~*~Silent~Kid~*~
    "To The World You May Be Just One Person, But To One Person You May Be The World"

Re: Add 2 GB of ram to my existing 2 GB

Vista full problem from the start so do nothing and you are with 1, 5GB Ram occupied, no. And even if so I will not recommend the Ram but a good clean stroke.

My Xp is less than 400MB once on the desktop. I never exceeded 1.4gb occupation, or with Crysis, and with GTA 4 or any other of my games. So unless you have an Operating system very cumbersome, you will not gain sensitive.
    However nothing prevents you to do so by thinking of the future games or a possible transition to a 64bit Operating system.

Hi,
    I am using windows vista premium edition. 4Gb ? I have ever seen use the maximum, a max 50% when I was playing on GTA IV.

Because the OS is x86 which is really of interest today, the gain would be minimal.

But Vista, It caches in RAM applications often used to speed up the whole function of Vista. That's seen the real potential of Vista and the interest to have 4 GB and more. So the gain between 2 and 4 GB is really not significant, but on Vista, could be surprised.

In addition, it reduces the paging file, and therefore more performance. But still, the 4 Gb are not operated in full, then it is not as interested in me.

I have Windows XP Pro SP3 and I ask myself this question because the low price of DDR2. Is there an improvement in load times in games with more than 2 GB of ram ?
    QTechnology Ultra-Quiet ATX PSU 460W I MSI K8N Neo4-F I AMD Opteron 144 CABNE0545 2.66Ghz I 2 x 512MB RAM I 380GB Maxtor SATAI Raid0 Hard Drive I 40GB Maxtor IDE Hard Drive I Nvidia GeForce 7900GTX I Win XP Home Service Pack 2 I Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity Fatal1ty I Mercury Home Theater HT-4500

Yes there will be an improvement, because there is less disk access required (not forced to read & cache, the HDD is only read and transfer everything in RAM rather than transfer to the paging file)