Thread: Asus Rampage II Extreme : Problems with network

Asus Rampage II Extreme : Problems with network

hi,
    i have CPU: Core i7 920,Ram: Corsair DDR3 PC3-12800 XMS3 Classic 6GB 3 x 2GB,Mainboard: Asus Rampage II Extreme (Bios 1001),Sound: Onboard or Xi-Fi Supreme FX Expansion,Graphics: Asus 8800 GTX,OS: Vista 64,No overclocking,The system runs without problems, even hours or days. Only if I have an external network access to a shared folder start, for example,movie to watch from the computer over wlan, my computer freezes. Outgoing connections to the Internet such as a dedicated game server called the crash is not clear. Current programs have invested their work at the workstation, however, no new applications possible. External network connections can be determined by the failure no longer produce an IP ping to the computer is possible.

Re: Asus Rampage II Extreme : Problems with network

hi,
    As far as I know the creative software is not working,the network problem.I had also same problem, although not always,rapidly occurs if I am on a network drive gets hit reset my computer at least half an hour later, I think that the Vista 64 drivers fault is because as long as I only surf nothing happens.

Only if I have an external network access to a shared folder start, for example,movie to watch from the computer over wlan, my computer freezes. Outgoing connections to the Internet such as a dedicated game server called the crash is not clear. Current programs have invested their work at the workstation, however, no new applications possible. External network connections can be determined by the failure no longer produce an IP ping to the computer is possible.
    Have you ever done a BIOS updat?

Hagel Technologies’ DU Meter software was used with Windows Task Manager to determine the performance levels of the onboard network interface. DU Meter was used to measure bandwidth and transfer speeds, while Windows Task Manager monitored CPU utilization on the test system. For the testing, a 750MB Archive file consisting of several compressed WMA/MP3 files was used for the large file transfer, and 750MB worth of MP3/WMA files were used ranging in sizes from 3 to 30MB was used for the small files transfer test. The test was performed using a plenum rated category 5e crossover cable to bypass any traffic, routing or other transfer issues and possible packet loss or corruption that can be caused by a router/switch or hub.