Thread: Gigabyte GA-EG45M-UD2H - Not Booting

Gigabyte GA-EG45M-UD2H - Not Booting

hi,
    i recently bought Gigabyte GA-EG45M-UD2H it has Chipset Intel G45+ICH10R; Four slots for memory , DDR2 standard 1066/800/667 MHz;Integrated video core Intel GMA X4500HD; Ports D -Sub, DVI- D, HDMI; Net adapter realtek 8111DL; Expansion slots : one PCI express x16, one slot PCI express x1, two slots PCI; Five ports SATA with 3 Gbit/s,One port eSATA;the problem is When the power switch is pressed the fans turn for 1 second and then stop. monitor doesnt load no beeps.This happens each time I press the power switch.i know i pluged in the main cable and the smaller one in the motherboard.i tried my older one that runs perfectly.What has happened and what is the solution?Can anyone help!!!

Re: Gigabyte GA-EG45M-UD2H - Not Booting

If you have the front USB connecter hooked up to the motherboard disconnect it.Pull all the wires from the front panel connecter off of the motherboard except the one that goes to the on/off button.

hi,
    Pull the board out of the case. Set it on a antistatic bag or a hunk of cardboard, Leave just the video card, CPU, and 1 stick of ram on the board for benchtesting purpose. Try to boot to the bios. If it boots outside the case...then you have a grounding issue with a stud or one of the screws. Make sure the CPU fan wire is in the correct fan header on the board and all of your connections are in the correct place. i hope this will work.

Check and be sure the power supply is set at the correct voltage. in my case it was set for 230V and as soon as we set it for 110V it worked perfectly.

I tried booting outside the case and I had the same issue. Then I had the idea of removing the CMOS battery. I powered the system on without it installed and I got a positive reaction. I powered down the system reinstalled the battery and the system is working for now. Try this out and please reply if it works for you. I'm assuming there is some funky factory setting that needs to be reset in some mobos.