Thread: Problem with Pixel Shader Test

Problem with Pixel Shader Test

hi there

i have recently bought a GA-EP45-UD3R and I have installed everything fine but when i try to use 3dmark06 in windows VISTA or XP operating system; i have the newest drivers and bios, but the computer will Shutdown when it gets to the pixel shader test, it still shuts off no Blue screen or nothng is just shuts off now the strang thing when it shuts off it comes back on by its self then shuts off then comes back on then shuts off it will keep doing this untill i turn off or unplug the PSU manualy i tried all new drivers old drivers VISTA and XP i can't figure this out i just got this board and ram
    ii do not over clock at all.

Please help me with this problem

Re: Problem with Pixel Shader Test

What power supply are you using, the one that is in the signature? I am first leaning toward a faulty power supply, and if that is not it, possibly something wrong with the new X2 video card, or possible Ram issues. Maybe boot up with memtest first to see if it passes, and then look at PSU or video card.

I have had 2 of those exact power supplies! The first one died within about a year or so, and had to RMA it, got the second one, and it crapped out within about 6 months or so

If possible, try and find a fair power supply just to borrow, and test to see if that is the issue. Normally I would say that it should handle it ok, but with my track record with the Hiper modular design power supplies, I have to say its worth testing a different unit.
    I sure am not saying to run right out and buy a $200 power supply, LOL, but if you can find one to use just for a test, that would either tell you that is the problem, or rule out the power supply.

PC Power and Cooling are awesome power supplies!
    That should be more than enough PSU for your system!

Actually the unit that I am using now, is another Hiper 880w that Capper most gracefully sent me that he had sitting around, when my other unit took a big crap
    It is a completely different design, and I have not had one hiccup with it so far.
    Kind of ironic that he would send me a Hiper

Make sure that you are connecting the monitor to the back of the computer in the 15 pin or older computer 9 pin connection.
    If the computer is properly plugged in, make sure it's getting getting power.

If you are not receiving power from a known working wall outlet and if the power cord is removable, replace it with the one connected to the computer and attempt to power on the monitor again. If the monitor still does not get power or it is not removable, it is recommended that the monitor be replaced or serviced at a local TV / Computer repair shop.

If the monitor is receiving power, check the status light.

If the light is orange or flashing ensure that the monitor is not in a suspend mode by moving the mouse or pressing a key on the keyboard. If the computer does not get a display by moving the mouse or touching the keyboard, turn off the computer and monitor and reconnect the data cable from the back of the computer, and if removable, the back of the monitor. Turn the computer back on; if you still encounter the same issue, continue reading through the other possibilities.