Thread: ACard's ANS-9010 Serial ATA RAM disk

ACard's ANS-9010 Serial ATA RAM disk

While the DSS appears to be the new revolution in the storage area facing the hard drives, Acard trying to get up-to-date concept of the RAM Disk, a box that will store data on memory DIMMs.The idea is obviously to bring more speed, especially since the camera works with DDR2 memory modules up to 800 MHz. The machine, called ANS-9010, will be placed in a bay 5.25-inch format, and plug into both ports SATA II RAID-0.

It is the advantage of this device or its drawback: it leaves open PCIe ports, but will not take the speed with which they interface. The brand speaks for a maximum flow rate of 400 Mb / s in RAID-0 and 130 000 operations per second. It will be possible to place 8 DIMMs DDR2 DIMM classical format in RAM Disk for up to 64 GB of storage capacity.

A battery of 7.4 V and 2400 mAh will keep RAM powered when the PC is off, not to lose all data stored. In case of problems, a Compact Fash available port on the front will quickly restore its data.

Re: ACard's ANS-9010 Serial ATA RAM disk

Here Some More info About it Buddies

Overview
    ACARD RAM Disk is a solid state disk make up DRAM memory modules, for faster than the traditional hard drives and flash drives. With the speedy random access rate and shorter access time, RAM Disk is definitely suitable for graphics designs and database systems. It also supports an CF slot for data backup / restore to prevent data lost.

Features
    • Supports up to 64GB amount of memory
    • Supports ECC/Non-ECC DDR2 400/533/667/800**
    • Automatic data backup/restore between DDR2 memory and CF card
    • Built-in Lithium Battery
    • LED indicators for battery capacity, power status, SATA ports activity, backup status
    • Driver less: need no driver on host side

Specifications
    • Two SATA 3.0Gbps Interface ports
    • 240-pin DDR2 DIMM module slots x 8
    • One CF socket in front panel
    • Lithium Battery of 7.4V 2400mAh, enough to finish the backup
    • Data transfer rate up to 400MB/sec
    • IOPS 130,000 per SATA port
    • Dimension: 42(H) x 145(W) x 214 (D) mm

Packing
    • ANS-9010 x1
    • User Install Guide x1
    • Internal SATA Cable 50cm x2
    • 15pin SATA Power Cable x1
    • Screw x4
    • Lithium Battery x1

When we see the price of ram is attractive and then the solution is always super expensive because of the interface ram or ram-sata-PCIe It might be expensive, very expensive I think for that ....The price is therefore justified in relation to the gear or it loads? Anyway, it will be nice

Ok for 32 or 64 Gb , but for smaller volumes (type 4 or 8 Gb) I think it is better to simply set up a RAM-Disk in the memory of the PC (motherboards that manage 16 Gb are not uncommon nowadays). While this prevents installing the OS on the RAM-Disk, and thus take advantage of the speed of the boot, but you can load more applications and / or greedy to boot, and then take advantage of the speed of RAM (real, not limited by a port or SATA PCIE) at lower cost

Near the Hyperdrive, except that it's much cheaper and it runs on DDR2. As against the Hyperdrive contained a 2.5 hard drive for data backup when the widget is off-voltage ...

A hard disk into RAM: probably a good candidate to contest the idea of the beast of the year. It is best to inflate your PC memory (RAM 64-bit OS and 16-GB DIMMs), which will make a much better use than as a mere memory. Most of the memory size, the greater it is necessary to use memory with error correction (ECC). Even Microsoft recommends it. Moreover the quest to start the fastest PC is unnecessary. When I start my PC, I'll do something else while it starts (so that it takes 5 minutes or 30s, this has little importance) and I will not turn off when I do need more . So I can spend my time off and turn on my PC.

Moreover the quest to start the fastest PC is unnecessary. When I start my PC, I'll do something else while it starts (so that it takes 5 minutes or 30s, this has little importance) and I will not turn off when I do need more . So I can spend my time off and turn on my PC.This is not what you do not need it is unnecessary. Personally, it's pretty important, I often reboot my PC (in fact I hate to leave on or in standby apparatus). 5 minutes and is quite disabling, especially when they are needed. I take example on my box, or PC are easily 10 minutes to be usable after a boot when you have a customer on the phone, it's misery ... It's also a search for the perf for some, and as in any research performance, the interest is limited to ordinary mortals, it's still an achievement. You can put that in the same box perf, the types of which crament CPU coup liquid nitrogen, that those who seek the ultimate silence, ...