Thread: 780i does not boots

780i does not boots

I recently received a brand new XFX 780i motherboard, but I can't get it into function as it should be. After much attempts with the card I was able to finally get it to boot without a video card in, then plug the video card in while it's on. I could then install vista, and everything was actually very stable. The card had no problem with rebooting when it first had come in, but when it has been turned off, have the same problem with the instant "FF". I have tested with three different video cards, and doubt that it may be the cause, then it does not always boot properly without the adapter, either.

Is there someone who has been gone for something similar and have a solution?

Re: 780i does not boots

nForce is generally only junk and struggling with the CPU INIT section sometimes. This is the card that works from the factory but said good night when it suits them, so your card is very good but possibly dead.

If you want a stable SLI then you need to return everything and buy Core i7 and all problems disappear.

Alternatively, you have AMD Phenom 2.

Do yourself a 780i, a Striker 2 Formula from ASUS said to be the best, the card does not have any problems against Intel cards. It is my recommendations to you, alternatively you can get a new 780i and test it, for some nForce card works while others do not.

Memory controller is also pretty rotten sometimes, so you should keep up to 2 slots MAX.

Thanks for the answer, but do not just come with lots of BULLSHIT to switch to another shelf. I have no way to return my CPU and I have no opportunity to buy another. I will also run SLI. Therefore, I have just purchased the card which I have now.

There is absolutely no BULLSHIT, Terrextre is actually quite right, nForce motherboard for Intel LGA775 are often having similar trouble, many takes evening and those who do are often plagued with problems, send the card back and get one if you must run SLI - there are not any good SLI solution for Intel LGA775.

Sure there is BULLSHIT, but I am trying to say that it is not appropriate to switch to another shelf at the moment. And you only intend to answer "replace shelf" etc. can not answer. It has to be someone who has been away in the same issue and resolved it in a way. It must also be possible to resolve when I actually got it to boot one time before.

Have little faith in it, all nForce experience suggests that the card is thanked for themselves.

I think you've tried to pick out the battery and pulled the power and let your PC be a while before you have tried to start again? Tried with different RAM sticks? Is power supply 100%, try another.

If nothing new - send the card back and get a new, brand plays small role as "quality" on nforce card.

Also try to put the video card in another pcie x16 space, not uncommon for PCIe ports to thank him for either.