Thread: Phenom2 system no longer starts

Phenom2 system no longer starts

hi,
    I had the computer into standby (S3 is set in the BIOS) skilfully under Vista x64 and when I did it again remained the USB devices and the monitor got no signal. Since I already had with my old computer with S3 standby sometimes had problems, I thought nothing with me and reset button. But everything was black. Then I turned off the computer and power is disconnected and then reconnected and restarted but nothing happened - there are only the HDDs and the fan on but no BIOS POST, no beeping of the mainboard, just no response. Even a half ClearCMOS not.Did not someone know what's wrong? I hope this time nothing is broken.

My system:
    MSI DKA790GX Platinum
    Phenom2 940
    2 x 2GB DDR2-1066 (OCZ Reaper HPC)
    SB Audigy2, The Phenom2 finally pulls a little more power than the AthlonX2 600 +. But on the other hand, the Board so AM2 + Ready.

Re: Phenom2 system no longer starts

I had the computer into standby (S3 is set in the BIOS) skilfully under Vista x64 and when I did it again remained the USB devices and the monitor got no signal. Since I already had with my old computer with S3 standby sometimes had problems, I thought nothing with me and reset button. But everything was black. Then I turned off the computer and power is disconnected and then reconnected and restarted but nothing happened - there are only the HDDs and the fan on but no BIOS POST, no beeping of the mainboard, just no response. Even a half ClearCMOS not.Did not someone know what's wrong? I hope this time nothing is broken.
    BIOS update, then delete CMOS, and then try again. The best times at the first little hardware as possible, install and connect.

Re: Phenom2 system no longer starts

I have here a Phenom II 940 on the MSI DKA790GX Platinum (MS-7550) run.
    The latest BIOS (1.6) it must, otherwise the run is not ... With the old BIOS, I could not my GEIL Ultra CL4 times to make -> Board does not start by just turning the graphics card,tried many times the memory to DDR2-800 and to then build the Phenom II.