Thread: Asus p2b-f motherboard bios update

Asus p2b-f motherboard bios update

I have an Asus P2B-F motherboard running with an Celeron 400 CPU. The problem is, I can't seem to flash the bios. I need some help on upgrading my asus p2b-f bios. As this CPU becomes to slow for my needs and i would like to upgrade my system. Can anyone tell me that how to update the latest BIOS on Asus p2b-f motherboard? Also if there are any specific jumpers I need to set on the motherboard that you know of, just let me know. Any kind of information or suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Asus p2b-f motherboard bios update

Probably, if you use a PCI ATAPI controller like those available from Promise or HighPoint. The number of people that try and use Asus Update and end up with a dead motherboard. You need an Asus motherboard in your system. Lets say that you bought the latest CPU and try to put it with your older motherboard, but that motherboard needed a BIOS flash before it would see that new CPU, then it will not, unless you do the recovery with an older CPU that the support your BIOS.

You will need to run a disk utility in order for Windows to be able to fdisk the drive. Or otherwise you can use the ASUS Update is an utility that allows you to save, manage and update the motherboard BIOS in Windows. You will need to run a disk utility in order for Windows to be able to fdisk the drive.

Unfortunately it is not possible to do this with a software tool. You have to look at your board. Your options might depend on which voltage regulator is on the board. In order to get the latest BIOS for your Asus p2b-f motherboard, you need to visit your manufacturer website. there you will able to get the latest BIOS for your Asus p2b-f motherboard.