Thread: Patriot Viper PC3-16000 4GB Memory

Patriot Viper PC3-16000 4GB Memory

hi there......
    can anyone provide me some possible reviews regarding Patriot Viper PC3-16000 4GB Memory?
    if you can i will really appreciate it.............

Re: Patriot Viper PC3-16000 4GB Memory

About the product:

Patriot's Extreme Performance series provides some of the fastest memory on the market and is specifically designed for those who want to squeeze every bit of performance out of their components. The Viper line is made for NVIDIA's 790i chipset and can hit 2000MHz out of the box. This is the largest and fastest memory kit that Patriot currently produces.

The PC3-16000 kit is EPP 2.0 ready and I should explain what this feature provides for those unfamiliar with it. Enhanced Performance Profile (EPP) ready memory contains detailed settings stored on the SPD chip which is found on each module. The settings consist of frequency, timings and voltages. This makes overclocking memory an easy task and simply requires enabling EPP in BIOS. Keep in mind that this feature requires both motherboard and memory support.

The Viper series comes with an attention grabbing heat sink design and color scheme. Aluminum copper composite is used to make the heat shields and the fins extend well past the PCB to help with heat transfer. As you can see, the kit comes in an NVIDIA green paint job with diamond cut lettering on both sides of the heat sink.

My Review:

Patriot gives extreme enthusiasts another memory kit to drool over. With its high performance and large capacity, these Vipers are serious business. They rock an aggressive heat sink design with an intense color scheme that is bound to turn some heads. You get all this at a competitive price point and Patriot's lifetime warranty. Nice!

Unfortunately, only 790i motherboard owners can make use of EPP. You can still use this memory with other DDR3 compatible boards such as the X48, but the rated 2000MHz is not guaranteed. And although it is competitively priced among 4GB DDR3-2000 kits.

If you are a 790i motherboard owner, you probably want the best you can get. This Viper memory kit represents one of the most desirable products you can add to your set up. If you are looking to get the most out of your high end system, Patriot's Extreme Performance Viper PC3-16000 memory should be very high on your list.

Technical Specifications:

• Kit: Patriot Extreme Performance Viper PC3-16000 4GB
    • PVS34G2000LLKN
    • Type: 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM
    • Size: 4GB (2 x 2GB)
    • Timings: 9(CAS) - 9(tRCD) - 9(tRP) - 24(RAS)
    • Speed: DDR3-2000
    • Voltage: 2.0V

Patriot Extreme Performance (EP) Low Latency line is engineered to expand your gaming options. These modules are designed to operate at 2000MHz at 9-9-9-24 timings and is available in 2GB kit and 4GB kit capacities. Equipped with Patriot ACC (Aluminum Copper Composite) technology, these modules are designed for maximum performance and stability under extreme overclocking conditions. Engineered with quality and Performance in mind, Patriot Extreme Performance line is the ultimate solution for extreme overclockers, gamers, and PC enthusiasts.

Patriot Memory, a global provider of premium quality memory module and flash memory solutions, today unveiled their 4GB DDR3 2000MHz low latency Viper series memory kit. The newest addition to Patriot’s Viper series, the 2000MHz kit boasts both high-density and high-frequency, enhancing overclocking capabilities for gamers and PC enthusiasts alike on today’s latest DDR3 platforms.

Patriot’s DDR3 2000MHz memory kits are perfect for PC gamers and enthusiasts,” said Les Henry, Technical Director of Patriot Memory. “Capable of handling the demands that high-bandwidth multimedia programs and PC games require, the 4GB PC3-16000 2000MHz memory has the perfect combination of density and speed to push systems beyond what is currently imaginable.”

Patriot’s DDR3 PC3-16000 2000MHz Viper Series modules also feature EPP2.0 (Enhanced Performance Profiles) which will boot at the rated specifications on the NVIDIA® 790i Ultra SLI MCP’s. EPP2.0 eliminates the need for any manual configuration, allowing uncomplicated overclocking capabilities for consumers looking to maximize the performance of their systems.

Rated timings at 9-9-9-24 at 2.0V, Patriot’s DDR3 PC3-16000 2000MHz Viper Series are available in 4GB and 2GB kits