Thread: Replace Motherboard without reinstalling XP

Replace Motherboard without reinstalling XP

I want to replace the motherboard ABIT n-view 2 (AM2) for DFI LANPARTY JR GX790 (AM2 +) but I would not like to reinstall the system because there are 60 gb software and games ... (which would again take three weeks to install and debug) ... if anyone knows a way where we can install or replace new motherboard on the existing system without reinstalling operating system The only thing I thought to remove all the drivers in equipment too but don 't believe

thanks for your suggestion

regards

Re: Replace Motherboard without reinstalling XP

How about a full backup of the system through Acronis True Image (paid software)? This will be the safest and reliable. Still, there is Norton Ghost software it is also paid, but to have no experience but the substance should be the same as for Acronis - complete picture of the system. Otherwise, uninstall drivers (especially chipset) is a good idea, but I do not know if it will have some result - if you have advance knowledge im Acronis and then try this.

i also had the similar query and found this hack on internet what should i do try it not

It is said to import files atapi.sys 4, intelide.sys, and pciide.sys pciidex.sys from C: \ Windows \ Driver Cache \ i386 \ driver.cab or sp1.cab
    then store them in C: \ Windows \ System32 \ drivers, or download these files 4 as proposed and then merge a. reg file downloaded as well.
    So I am a little research and here is what I have on my family Médion Windows XP SP1 (OEM): In the file or files are to be imported, I 'driver.cab' and 'SP1.cab'
    In 'driver.cab' I: atapi.sys (86656 bytes) intelide.sys (4608 bytes) pciide.sys (3328 bytes) pciidex.sys (23680 bytes)
    In 'SP1.cab' I: atapi.sys (86912 bytes) intelide.sys (4736 bytes) pciidex.sys (23680 bytes), there is no file 'pciide.sys'

The files I downloaded for SP1:
    atapi.sys (86,912 bytes) intelide.sys (4736 bytes) pciide.sys (3328 bytes) pciidex.sys (23,680 bytes)
    Moreover, in the case or do I save these files (System32 \ drivers) I already atapi.sys (87,040 bytes) and pciidex.sys (23680 bytes)

Should I let these 2 files or the 'crush' by 2 others ( 'atapi.sys' is bigger than the other files of the same name that I have)?

I intend to change the motherboard, but I feel a bit 'confused' by what I found in my system. Thank you in advance to anyone who can advise me,