Thread: Upgrade on socket 939

Upgrade on socket 939

Hello everyone,
    I sign the configuration and awaiting the new processors, I have a small upgrade.
    I use the computer mostly for playing and trying demos of games that will come out soon, I noticed that my mutual working 100% and I thought it was a bottleneck to my 7900GT please correct if I am wrong? Or should I change the card?
    Now, wanting to do an upgrade, what do you advise?
    Mutual Again, the most you can on the 939: X2 4800 + or FX60?
    More efficient new memory for overclocking to the pro quo?
    I saw that manage to bring it safely to 4200 +, but I would have real benefits in terms of fps games?
    New graphics card: 8800GTS or so ..
    I do not do anything, I still have some hard months and then change the CPU + MoBo + RAM + Graphics Card, perhaps by going to Intel, however ?.... What?
    Thank you.

Re: Upgrade on socket 939

To get a gaming pc from scratch let us not less than 51,500... but for how long?

Take a 8800 money are wasted because the dx 10 are far from standard ..
    Take proceedings x2 ... used (as new cost 939 + for AM2 as being too rare pieces ...) but that figures?
    The ram does not make sense why not recycle the new .. and spend 200 and ram should be is of good capacity..

Re: Upgrade on socket 939

If you Want to fix your 939 platform so hard that you still some skipping the current and the next generation of CPU? (in practice aspects skipping next intel architecture which jumps and the K10)

the 939 is not economically convenient, and even the DDR ram is cheap compared to DDRII.

What is certain is that, an upgrade it might do. IF you want to bring the ends the 939 I'll tip:
    If you want to go to OC (not so good how about your mobo, but I think fairly) you can take a OPTERON 165 and see how far you can take it (if you have luck you should touch the 2.8/2.9 GHz, but I suspect that if you go wrong the 2.2 Ghz holds them)
    Obviously you'll need to match the excellent ram, perhaps PC4000, like the Crucial Ballistics. 2gb is the minimum, if you think about upgrading to Vista 64bit or 64bit OS you can even think to 4Gb.
    By combining the CPU + Ram above, with some of OC, a video card last generation, I think you can be good for a quietly attach.

Alternatively you can get a 4800X2 and even groped by the oc 2.4Ghz to 2.6Ghz, an FX you do not agree at all. To stay up to 2.4 GHz default that do not suck.

A "small" upgrade does not make sense, or do you so hard that at least another year, or anything until you can change and platform.

If you want to save, you find a 3800 + X2 and groped perfectly, but I suspect you should change ram.

As for the games ... the concept of limited CPU is a little tricky, if you are playing at low resolutions is true, the CPU is working so far and in case you could lower the framerate to levels just playable, but if a game high resolutions the load is moved almost everything on the Video Card and hence if we fail to exploit fully, so it would not be a drama ... 100 instead of 115 FPS is not a problem, it is 15 instead 50.