Thread: Update BIOS PHOENIX / Biostar

Update BIOS PHOENIX / Biostar

I would like to place on this post steps to update the BIOS each of the different plates on the market. Compactable with Biostar motherboards.

To simplify the process of updating the BIOS, you can use the new utility that flashes intermittently switch named Biostar BIOS. The switch intermittent BIOS is easy to use and can reduce the error while updating the BIOS. If the failure to update the BIOS, causing system failure after the shipper-up. Biostar has another technology called post-lock feature that can help restore the system BIOS without any risk.

Intermittent switch technology (to reduce the risk of updating the BIOS and easy to catch) unfortunately there is no support under DOS WindowsR XP. It also takes time to prepare the utility of flash right to make a bootable floppy disk in case of need. BIOSTAR [INTERMITTENT SWITCH? ] Technology integrates the function for general use on the Flash BIOS software unchanged. The advantage is users do not need to incorporate and develop DOS utility. Just enter the CMOS simply and do it.

1. Download the latest update of the BIOS + BIOSTAR Web site and a metal disk.
    2. Insert the disk containing the BIOS file to the new floppy drive.
    3. Enter computer.
    4. Press [DEL] to enter the CMOS.
    5. Select "Upgrade BIOS" then press Enter, refer to Table 1.

Press up or down the cursor (I mean the cursor keys) to choose the BIOS file, refer to Table 2.

Press [between] to load the BIOS from the diskette, refer to table 3.

The notice is flashing you sure (Y / N) ", press [Y] for flashing the BIOS or [N] flash cancel the process, refer to Table 4.

A message saying "flash complete to restart the system (Y / N)" will appear if the BIOS was successfully updated, the case of Table 6.

Click [between], then does the flashing!

Technology Bootblock (BIOS System Restore) after that you can not update the BIOS or BIOS was invaded by a virus, post-lock function to help restore the BIOS. If you saw the following message after the shipper-up system, half the contents of the BIOS is corrupted!

Error system check the ROM BIOS.
    Detection of half of the diskette ¡K A.
    Insert the disk and precione enter.

1. Make a bootable diskette.
    2. Download the utility flasheo, AWDFLASH.exe Biostar's website.
    3. Secure your model and download the motherboard's BIOS respectively Biostar website.
    4. Insert the bootable disk into the floppy disk and press enter.
    5. The system boot-up to the notice of DOS.
    6. Write Awdflash xxxx.bf / sn / py / r in DOS notice.
    7. The system will update the BIOS and automatically restart.
    8. The BIOS has been recovered and will work correctly.

PS: It is not advisable to flash the BIOS, unless there is a serious problem with the system. It is possible to crash the system during the process of upgrading the BIOS. (generally, the BIOS of the improvement will not improve system performance.)

A greeting ...

Re: Update BIOS PHOENIX / Biostar

Hi I have a Compaq Evo N600C laptop which has a BIOS that says "Compaq" 10/12/01.Me date of the BIOS would like to know that I have to do to update it.

Thanks

It is true, yo update the BIOS is very important to have this into account Why I upgrade? generally to update the BIOS makes our plate detected a hard X GB or to make our plate works well to mount a processor that has emerged recently (in the case of AMD Sempron) etc ...

is BIOS according to the mother baord..?when one mother board release is update those mother board drivers regally....?please tell me