Thread: Add RAM on a ASUS, what compatibility and usefulness?

Add RAM on a ASUS, what compatibility and usefulness?

Hi Everyone,
    So I already said my setup:
    Asus F3SR X52Series
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 (2ghz)
    ATI Radeon HD 2400
    DDR2 ram 2ghz
    And I'm on Vista 32bits

Here is the fact that one year I bought it, not very powerful because I want to use it primarily for my studies, but not good I stood up a few games and I finally his will to play and CSS to turn to other games like Prince of Persia and I just put Far Cry 2. While I have the detail of the environment in small but I have to test to increase a bit and see if it passes, but I think its going to be limited.
    Do you think that if I add the Ram's could benefit me? Furthermore I believe that the Radeon 2400 can share the memory of the PC. Knowing that the Radeon has 256MB of dedicated memory may be able to tap into it to add RAM if any?

And if not, I think that adding RAM can also benefit my office can more quickly?
    I use basic internet, msn, burn, movies, download games and

As against how do I know what I have to install RAM nb the pin, often?

Thank you in advance for your reply and best wishes

Re: Add RAM on a ASUS, what compatibility and usefulness?

Hi,

So in games you do not win in performance, while the HD2400 bride and it will be 4gb of ram only if you put all the details thoroughly. You can check this by looking at the available RAM in Task Manager when you throw Far Cry, I do not think everything is busy.
    After use, for you to see the occupation of your ram most of the time. If you do not 1.8 GB of RAM occupied, there is no need to add more 2go!
    In fact RAM will prevent your hard drive grater and "swapping" (store information in the paging file because not enough space in the ram). it really does not accelerate the system, it avoids long wait especially when opening an application where there is plenty of running and there is almost more RAM available (less than 200mb), and in games that avoids sacades when you see new textures and others.

Was hoping to have clear, do not hesitate if you have any questions.

Ok thank you for your prompt response. you were very clear so I look for an office use RAM used does not exceed 55% with several software launched: Word, Firefox, Windows Media Player, grab ... So his will, and if not while I was playing Far Cry 2 I still have the margin hence I will try to increase the detail textures. So no need to add more RAM.

Otherwise I have another question in relation to Vista, in fact I have Vista Home version pre-installed, but since the beginning I had some problems like the Explorer windows that stops working sporadically, and " other times it is systematic such program when I checked the volume immediately after the explorer stops working and then restarts!

Or Windows Media Player for example, who sometimes refuses to read a file. eg I run a film and I will say that it can not be read but I need to stop and put his reading and walking. Or its running time but once I break and I want to boost reading it stop reading. And its me that either movies or music.

I do not know is they put a shit vista, my vista is starting to age, but it is 1 year I bought a PC and I well maintenance (checking the volume, disk defragmentation Registry analysis virus Nod 32, I analyze daily PC tuneup)

Thanks once again,

Hmm, in these cases there is not much we can do is too internal windows and easiest is to format and reinstall!