Thread: E8400,power supply 2x4 with 2x2 12V or 12V?

E8400,power supply 2x4 with 2x2 12V or 12V?

Hello to all .. I assembled the PC in March with a e8400 motherboard ga-ex38-DQ6 (first PC assembled in my life) and now after many months I have decided to back all my links on a first attempt to overclock ... Carefully reading the manual I saw that the food processor is also possible to double the connector that I am currently using (2x2 12v). This choice to that of the motherboard manual is especially recommended for the Intel Extreme Edition ...

My problem is: Even if my processor is not one of those extreme can be a benefit / well double the connector or no use?

If ever I can to make an attempt to overclock can hit something the kind of power that give the processor?

Re: E8400,power supply 2x4 with 2x2 12V or 12V?

hello! look, I too have an E8400 and I managed to carry him safely to 4 ghz without attacking the second 4-pin connector from the 12 volt (also on my motherboard you can put as an option), read here and there, I understood that the second connector is necessary only when you exceed the 130 watts of consumption of CPU, but this only occurs if you're going to overclock monstrous (For instance, 1.5 volts to your mutual or worse) or just using a series of extreme cpu!

So you're also quiet with the single connector!

hello! look, I too have an E8400 and I managed to carry him safely to 4 ghz without attacking the second 4-pin connector from the 12 volt (also on my motherboard you can put as an option), read here and there, I understood that the second connector is necessary only when you exceed the 130 watts of consumption of CPU, but this only occurs if you're going to overclock monstrous (For instance, 1.5 volts to your mutual or worse) or just using a series of extreme cpu!
    Thank you to answer! already we have .. since they are even less of an expert amateur can ask that you set values for overclocking? that is, demand is very profane perk to what I understood to be stable depends on all components .. However, I would like to ask you some reference value for the right to know what to do thanks again

I am glad that the answer you have been of help! for the second request, as you said yourself, I can not answer at all because overclocking is an art that varies from configuration to configuration (think 2 identical machines behave differently surely!).

Things to consider for a stable overclock and many are especially useful (voltage, frequency multiplier, etc.).

The E8400 (especially the revision E0) is a highly cpu scope for overclocking and the benefits are high! recommend you to start to leave the course at max multiplier that is 9, set the bus at 400 mhz, the cpu voltage to 1220 volts (should go quietly to vCore default but for the first time is always better to move then slowly come down until you find the correct value), the STAP to 333 or even less if it takes (the STRAP is a kind of relationship between the FSB frequency and RAM, and a second set of strap you'll have some dividers for the ram , and then carefully working within their own specific risks instability that otherwise wrongly then all overclock!), and the rest leave it to default. IMPORTANT: If your motherboard allows it enables LOADLIN CALIBRATION that greatly reduces the voltage drop when the CPU is under stress and is of fundamental importance for the stability!

In this way you would have trouble with almost zero a E8400 that "travel" to the beauty of 3600 mhz!

of course I should write pages and pages to tell you everything but this is already a good start