Thread: Intel board DG33FBC refused warranty! what to do?

Intel board DG33FBC refused warranty! what to do?

hi TechArena Community

First a big Hi to all.....i am new to this forum....the main reason to join is to take valuable suggestion regarding a problem i am currently facing.....and reading some of the threads i am sure the answer lies here......

i bought a intel DG33FBC in Mar'08....the board stopped working a 1.5 months back.....the channel partner sent it back to Intel for warranty.....Intel came back ....board is physically damaged...as there is a burned diode or something...hence no warranty.....my point is this is a manufacturing defect......why is my SMPS is fine and my UPS....i have asked him to repair it...he has to come back on this.....

i escalated to some service manager Adkoli in Banglore...who is also saying the same things....

So could anyone let me know what is the best i can do in this situation.....escalate further..........repair at my cost.....get another board??

Pls help...........

regards
    debb

Re: Intel board DG33FBC refused warranty! what to do?

The reasons with the warranty is that Company clearly states that warranty are valid if the products is not physically damage and is been not functioning due to some manufacturing defect and rarely companies like intel would do something like these.your motherboard might have got burned to power fluctuation or something if you are 100 % sure that your system is working correctly and this problem occur due to faulty component of intel motherboard you could take the matter ahead

Regards

Re: Intel board DG33FBC refused warranty! what to do?

See this link for more knowledge : http://www.intel.com/support/motherb.../cs-009050.htm