Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Boot Problem

Windows Boot Problem

my mothErboard is Asus M2N-PV-VM

when i start my pc with 2 x 512mb ddr2 667 mhz + 1gb ddr2 667 mhz ram, windows vista 32 bit will boot up

but when i boot up windows with 2x512mb + 1gb+1gb(total=3gb), windows wont boot up

any help how to utilize 3gb ram, n boot windows, i checked both 1gb rams r working fine by swapping..

how to boot into windows using 2 x 1gb+ 2x 512mb rams

any help??

Re: Windows Boot Problem

ram can be picky. I would run memtest on all the ram for at least 10 mins.to be sure there isn't a bad chip on one stick. If you are sure it's ok, then are the sticks all from the same mfg?
    some different types don't like to run together, Don't know why, but it does happen. Also, you may want to try increasing the voltage just 1 step in bios-do this at your own risk-but I have had it work and had no problems after doing it.It was like by putting in the extra ram, there was not enough juice going to the ram slots to power the extra amount.
    Again....you could try it at your own risk as you never said what kind of ram you have.

HEY i hv all ddr3 667 mhz kingston rams

i checked all rams individually n they r working fine so it means ram is working fine...as u mentioned increase voltage??

how to do that??

actually when i use all rams together n boot into windows only it splashes a screen saying asus m2npv-vm( my motherboard screen)

n never boot into windows...any idea how to use all rams n load into windows safe?

Voltage is in bios screens. Becarefull tho....it could fry the ram if you increase too high. There should be markings on the sticks for the operating voltage. If not , go to the kingston website and look for the specs. There you should be able to find the max range for your type of ram. There are many kinds of ram ....value......advanced and extreme. All with different ratings. Make sure to write down the kind you have so you can get the right specs for yous.

As to safe booting....as the system is booting, tap the f8 key and it will bring you to the selection page where you can select safe mode.

by the way....Kingston is very good ram to work with.
    And another thought,....I seem to recall an artical on one of the asus boards about ram problems. Can't remember which one off hand. You might want to google your board for ram issues to see if there is any fixes/ known issues. I'm not saying there is, just remember something about an Asus board.

An other thing...in your mobo manual, there is a section on how to configure ram. Did you go through that section?

I HV

KVR 667 D2N5/1G-SP....RAM'

any idea at which voltage it can go at max??

1.8V ± 0.1V from spec sheet. but being their value line....not good to increase voltage much. You could probably get away with 1.9-1.95 volts.

Do you have the mobo manual?

i do not hv mobo manuel buddy..

if i try adjusting 0.1 volt increase..will it be sufficient to power up rams??

you can try ....ther could be other things, but that is at least a place to start.
    0.1 volt should be ok

I go and look on Asus site for manual.....

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...6_m2npv-vm.pdf

looks like your ram is supported and all looks ok.....
    what ram configuration did you try?

Maybee 1-1gb+ 1 512 side by side. the same for the next 2 slots. Some times it is just a matter of the right placement of the sticks

sory....wrong link. that was for xp, this is for vista

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...6_m2npv-vm.pdf

I don't see your ram in the list supported for this board using vista. But I don't think it will matter as it WILL run in xp. We just have to keep trying.

i m using a config

1gb+512mb+ empty slot+512mb

did you try the voltage increase?

The M2NPV-VM is an AM2 MATX motherboard released early in the sockets lifetime and phased out towards 2008. One of the only MATX boards at the time that featured both a DSUB and DVI port, the onboard Nvidia 6150 allowed for acceptable performance and dual monitor support on a system that uses very little power. The M2NPV-VM featured very little overclocking support, and very stringent memory requirements, only being able to provide 1.9V to the DIMMs. Signaling a cheapening of the Asus brand, the M2NPV-VM saw many issues - many dead on arrival, flakey, or unstable

here is the article I read. It shows how you might not be able to get the results you are after. I will give you the link

Warning

please do not SPAM or create multiple posts in forums if not required, make all your questions/queries only in 1 single post.

in case you require more help please PM

thankyou for understanding

I love the asus boards but this one is one of the lower end boards.I don't think there is much we can do as it seems to be a mobo issue with no way around it. You can keep trying ....and may find a way to get it.....but I don't see much more info .
    I will keep looking to see if anyone has a workaround for this.

Hey buddy, in bios i changed thedram config from ddr 667 to ddr 533 n my windows boot up with 3 gb ram but in safe mode,

when i tried to boot up in normal windows, it does nt , moreover shows vista page n after few minutes re started..same proces goees on n on..

any clue u get what sort of problem is this?

go back up to post #10.
    Doing a bit of research on this board, shows that the ram requirements are VERY sticky. As I do love the Asus boards, this one seems to have problems with it , especialy with memory.
    I don't think there is much hope to get it to run the way you want for vista /3gb of ram.
    If you google "Asus M2N-PV-VM ram issues", you will come across many people that have had similar kinds of issues. You may be able to dig around and find a solution, but I am very doubtfull.
    At this point, there is not much more I can think of to suggest.
    Did the best I could, but I think with that mobo, you are out of luck.
    Google those key words and read LOTS to see if burried deep in another post, you find a solution.
    Good luck.
    '

Can u suggest me good amd am2 n am2+ supported mobo, that can fix my all problems, but mobo shud hv pci-e-2 x16 graphic card slot...

u can refer me any manufacturer, my budget is nt high bt medium..like around less than 4000

plz suggest the best for me regarding abv

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast