Thread: Asus p6t deluxe error

question Asus p6t deluxe error

Hey guys

Haven't assembled a computer for around 8 years now.

MB: ASUS P6T Deluxe
    VGA: HD4870 X2
    PSU: Silverstone 1000w

I have just received the hardware parts I ordered, assembled everything together as it was written in the manuals.
    When I powered PC on, nothing happened, no display, no beeps.
    Then I talked with guys on IRC and realized my card needs power directly from the PSU (the quick install manual did not detail it). Plugged the PSU into the card, but forgot about the 8 pin card connector that came with the card and could connect only the 6 pin connector. And even more dumbness, connected the other 6 pin card connector to the PSU instead of the 8 pin PSU connector.

The results were smoke from the cable and system shut down.

After that, I could restart the PC and everything went just like before. Still no display, still no beeps.

Question:
    What would be the best chain of to-do s if I wanna get this rig working as quick as possible (and spending as little plus money on it as possible too)?
    I really need it now.

Thank you very much

Re: Asus p6t deluxe error

The Best thing you can Do is to start the System with onboard Vga from motherboard to make sure that all devices are intact then try connecting the Graphic by taking proper care and reading the manual of it

Well, if you dont know how to properly assemble the pc then find yourself an expert who will get the assembling of the pc done. Or else you would make this whole thing burned up, so therefore I would say it is Better To Be Safe Than Never.

Hard to diagnose source of problem, still you can check this,
    CPU fans moving?
    Hard disk led shows activities?
    Pressing DEL (or whatever key your mobo uses) continuously can enter BIOS?
    After 'boot' your CAPS and NUMLOCK flash lights?

Quote Originally Posted by Bidrofor View Post
    After that, I could restart the PC and everything went just like before. Still no display, still no beeps.
    No beeping sound - maybe your motherboard problem.
    No display - maybe your VGA socket

There may be many other reasons for this. Loads of possibilities.
    1. Get a computer know how person, take out all the components and do the basic POSTs test.

2. Slowly deduce the problems, could be from damaged hardwares to grounding problem.

As far as your GPU is concerned, it surely seems to be burned. If nothing works well, then you may need to RMA everything and try again.

One of the most common reasons for a high end board not booting (yet fans run & leds light up) is the 12v 4pin CPU power connector & main 24 pin power connector. These connectors must be secure, or system will not boot.

Check memory by removing one dimm if you are using two dimm's. With one dimm use only dimm slot channel A. (Nearest to CPU). Try booting. If no boot, swap dimm's & try boot again.

If you are using a PCI-E card instead of the onboard graphics subsystem, remove the PCI-E card. Unplug the power cord from the PC first.

Reset you're cmos/bios jumper to clear for 15 seconds, than move back jumper to default pins. Try to enter you're bios? If you are not using a PCI-E card (which is preferred in order to receive display), still reset the bios. The Mfg. suggests to always clear the cmos/bios before assembly of board.

Bro,
    Let's make assumption. There are no defect component in your hand, and everything is working perfectly.
    Assemble everything you required, from RAM to VGA-Card and so on.
    1. CPU in off condition
    2. DO CLEAR CMOS NOW, I think the method is different from every motherbord but commonly by using jumper. Move the jumper position from normal position to clear cmos position, than return back to normal position.
    3. Turn on CPU and watch to the monitor
    4. Adjust bios based on your prefered setting.
    5. Done.

Hope it will fix your problem, as I did on my own before.

Looks like I'm exactly a year too late but for anyone else who has this problem with the motherboard (not booting) I just found one cause at least in that on skimming thru the manual the instructions for placing the memory is that the #1A/1B/1C sockets are on the right. The orange sockets not the black or left side of the pairs as I am more used to as my instinct is to count up from left to right.
    Looking at a blank screen and an empty wallet is alarming to say the least.