Thread: Bios password ?

Bios password ?

Hi all.
    I have an old laptop office which is blocked by a password to the bios.
    I know if I am forced to open to reset or if I just find a boot disk somewhere.

Thank you

open the computer, you remove the small battery on the motherboard, you count for up to 60, you return the battery, you closes

Bios password are used to secure your desktop and latop computer by preventing user from changing your bios setting or acessing to your computer while u are away.there is too type of password protection

the first one is bios setup protection:to prevent user from changing bios setting

thesecond one system proetction:to make the system unbootable intel entring the password.

but sometime user can forget their password or even wrose they can get infected by bios Backdoor verus.so sending back the unit for reset bios is expensive here is some why how to recover or remove u lost bios password

U can start first by mailing your Before hardware manufacturer support before attempting to bypass the BIOS password on a computer or laptop, then ask them if there is some bypass security.in the worest case u will not get any answer so here is the type oto follow

• u can start by using a manufacturers backdoor password to access the BIOS

• there is large range of password cracking software can be also used

• on of the most efficase way is to reset the bios cmos .just look to the motherboard somewhere near your battery thir should be a jumper placed in two pin.if there is no third pin just take out the jumper then place it back .if there is a thrid jumper just place it in 2-3 possition then back to normal possition .dont forget to fully switch off your pc or laptop.u can risk of riuning your motherboard if u clear the cmos with powered up motherboard .

• the second way how to get the bios to default value is by removing the battery .just remove it for 30 min the put it back .again u must fully unplug any power cable during the process

• by Overloading the keyboard buffer.not alwais working but should help in some case

• The last way is toUse a professional service

for more reading see here

I spent 10min on the phone with Dell customer service now the problem is resolved.
    Thank you all.

Re: Bios password ?

@Mainstream,

. . . and . . .? You spent 10 minutes with tech support. Care to share your findings?

Remove and replace the jumper on the motherboard that clears the CMOS. This may be listed on your motherboard documentation as something regarding CMOS or BIOS.

Joe

I will look at the jumper settings. I have never played with the jumper settings before but will try to get idea from the motherboard manual. And also check the CMOS as you said.

Thanks for this precious information DigitalJoe. Hope something works out.

@Mainstream,

If I remember correctly, all you have to do is identify the correct jumper and remove it for a few seconds. Then just replace the jumper to it's original position.

The last time that I did this, I found the motherboard documentation online. The documentation had a detailed picture with all of the jumpers identified. It went easier than I thought it would.

Let us know how you do.

Joe