Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

No beep

Motherboard Processor & RAM

Old 09-11-2008

No beep

hi guys yesterday my pc went off due power failure and for some reson it wont boot now, it doesnt give a beep sound the the proccy fan works, the dvd writer opens up, the led on the board is on but for some reson it wont give a beep....i just assembled it last week...can sum1 plz help me....

This is my config

Motherboard - Asus P5N-MX
Proccy - C2D E7200
2 gb ram

Old 10-11-2008

No beep

Is it not booting at all? If beep is not coming then it may be the problem of RAM. try others RAM. Good luck
Old 10-11-2008

Re: No beep

Take out any uneccesary components: expansion cards etc. so you just have a barebones setup. Try booting up now. See if you can access BIOS and confirm all your drives are picked up properly and temps and voltages are ok.

Take a look inside your PC and see if there's any burns or unusual smell etc.
Old 10-11-2008

Thanks guys for all ur replys i gave the board 2 the service centre i think something is wrong with the board.... coz tried everything but nothing happened so i took the board along with the cpu and ram 2 the dealer i got it from he checked it and said somthing is wrong with the board so i had 2 give it 2 the service centre... and 1 more question where will i get thermal paste from coz i wiped it of the cpu...
Old 10-11-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by domnic View Post
Thanks guys for all ur replys i gave the board 2 the service centre i think something is wrong with the board.... coz tried everything but nothing happened so i took the board along with the cpu and ram 2 the dealer i got it from he checked it and said somthing is wrong with the board so i had 2 give it 2 the service centre... and 1 more question where will i get thermal paste from coz i wiped it of the cpu...

You did well by taking advantage of warranty period. Thermal paste you will easily get from any computer electronics shop near to your home. Good luck
Old 11-11-2008

Ah, thats good that you gave the board to the service centre. Though you could have done some research for what went wrong by opening the cabinet and checking the cable connections properly and also removing and placing again some parts in there place, like RAM, hard disk, cmos battery, etc.

But it would have been a tedious task and time consuming. Moreover such tasks needs to be carried out by personally and and we here could only have suspected that 'this' or 'that' might be wrong and asked you to correct it.

Sudden power failure is not usually good for the health of PC and it do cause problems sometimes, especially for hard disks and motherboard. Hope this didnt cost you much
Old 11-11-2008

@gygabite dude i tried everything suggested by members of this forum and other forums.... for 2 days i tried but couldnt get it 2 start so had 2 give it 2 the service centre on the other hand i have this p4 system with
gigabyte 845gv motherboard for years now and i dont think anything went wrong 2 it due 2 power failure... my bad luck i just assembled this system a week ago and its in the service center already...

Last edited by domnic : 11-11-2008 at 07:05 PM. Reason: correction

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: