Thread: Very high temperature of Core 2 duo E4600 at 2.4Ghz

Very high temperature of Core 2 duo E4600 at 2.4Ghz

Hi
    My processor is a core 2 duo E4600 at 2.4Ghz.My problem is when i try to play games or something else and sometimes even when i switch my pc on the beeping overheat sound comes and my pc turns off.But sometimes when i do manage to turn it on, i use coretemp and speedfan for the temp it gives me teperature near abt 80c then after it cools down and remains costant between 60c to 77c and sometimes even between in 40c to 50c.This abnormal increase and decrease in temprature have scared me this is happening after i cleaned my case but i haven't touch the near area of my processor a fan and all.Please suggest me what should i do now have i done something very wrong?should i buy a new processor or new fan?or something else is causing this problem ?
    any suggestions will be helpfull.Thanks in advance

have you check properly that fan sticks are not loose? if not then check them.Might be one of them have broken if so the you have to buy a new fan i don't think there is any problem with the processor. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Rhett View Post
    Hi
    My processor is a core 2 duo E4600 at 2.4Ghz.My problem is when i try to play games or something else and sometimes even when i switch my pc on the beeping overheat sound comes and my pc turns off.But sometimes when i do manage to turn it on, i use coretemp and speedfan for the temp it gives me teperature near abt 80c then after it cools down and remains costant between 60c to 77c and sometimes even between in 40c to 50c.This abnormal increase and decrease in temprature have scared me this is happening after i cleaned my case but i haven't touch the near area of my processor a fan and all.Please suggest me what should i do now have i done something very wrong?should i buy a new processor or new fan?or something else is causing this problem ?
    any suggestions will be helpfull.Thanks in advance
    Yup MAC is right this is the problem with your Fan only processor is fine otherwise your PC won't start frequently just make sure your fan is ptoper.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac rumor View Post
    have you check properly that fan sticks are not loose? if not then check them.Might be one of them have broken if so the you have to buy a new fan i don't think there is any problem with the processor. good luck
    Thanks for reply
    Yes i have checked 2 clips out of four are broken so should i buy a new fan or clips can be repair?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhett View Post
    Thanks for reply
    Yes i have checked 2 clips out of four are broken so should i buy a new fan or clips can be repair?
    I had the same problem i roam every where but clips don't get repair if you'll found another non-working fan like you then you can exchange with them but the better way is you should go for another one you should not take any chances with your motherboard and processor.And one more thing at the time of buying another fan check the compatibility with your motherboard and processor.And buy the same type of fan you have. Good luck

Thanks to all of you for help am glad to be here.