Thread: What is faster or better?

What is faster or better?

Hi, I have a computer win a proccesor PIV 3.00 GHZ and mother board DDR and now I bough a new one win a Celleron 3.06 GHZ, DRR2. So what can DRR2 do as difference against DDR1?

Re: What is faster or better?

DDR1 is 184 Pin and DDR2 is 240 Pin.DDR2 is much more faster than DDR1.Enables better electrical performance and speed . DDR2 Improves system timing margin by reducing strobe crosstalk.Voltage requirements for DDR2 are less as compare to DDR. Down to 1.8 volts; this translates into a lot less power needed to read and write for the memory.

As Of Now DDR2 is Also Cheaper Than DDR1.Because the companies Had Stop manufacturing DDR1.

Hi friend,
    DDR2 is the advance version of DDR1, so DDR2 is the faster than DDR1.

There are a number of upgrades that come with the new DDR2 technology over DDR1 memory. DDR2 memory is of course faster, and will ultimately reach clock speeds of 667MHz or higher as opposed to the top functional speed of DDR1 at 400MHz. The higher speeds of DDR 2 memory allow it to have up to 10.6GB per seconds of throughput - quite a bit more than DDR1 memory which maxed at 6.4GB per second. The feature that makes these higher speeds practical is the reduced power consumption of DDR2, which runs at only 1.8 volts. Heat is one of the real banes of IC's, and the faster you try and clock a chip the hotter it runs and the less reliable it gets. One of the speed limitations of DDR1 was that at 2.5 volts created too much heat and was simply too hot to run consistently at speeds greater than 400MHz. DDR2's 1.8 volts combined with a much smaller (FBGA) chip package goes a long way towards solving the heat issue at higher speeds.

Hi Effren,
    The company stop manufacturing that's why the retailer who has the DDR1 in stock they sell it very high rate.Because of that we can't say DDR2 is cheap.