Thread: Really confused ..needs Urgent HELP !!!!

Really confused ..needs Urgent HELP !!!!

Hello Everybody ..
    I had a AMD 2800+processor with asus NEO V motherboard..but there is a problem with the motherboard that when i switch on my computer it automatically gets switched off , the cpu fan also stops rotating..may i know what is the problem ..please help ..i have a big project work to . please help as quickly as possible..

It can be a lot of problem, might be the power supply is going dead, or the processor is getting hot or even the motherboard might be going bad. So, therefore for getting even answer first try to reply this questions. Please be more specific.

1. What is your full computer specifications?

2. Did this problem started recently or on a regular basis?

3. Have you installed any new hardware recently?

4. How old is this build?

Thank you

You need to specify as asked by ApPy10. A particular cause can be tracked through this. Also, check the electric power on your spike guard. The earthing led light should not be fluctuating.

This happened to me that my system would sometimes shut down or restart itself. When I researched, everything was fine. Then I observed that the earthing led on spike guard was fluctuating which indicates that earthing connection was loosen. I got it corrected and the problem solved.

sad

Friends ..my computer is 3 years old..i have checked the SMPS ..with a multimeter ..i found that the power system is ok.its also not the problem od power system as i have completely checked all connections but found its ok ..its the problem of the computer only..

neither i had added any new hardware..
    perhaps its not the problem of ram as there is no beep ...

computer specification ::
    AMD 64bit 2800+ processor
    ASUS NEO V Class Motherboard
    256 MB DDR ram
    80 GB Hdd

Problem Redefined :: When ever i switch on the computer the fans starts and cpu power light (green) and cpu processor light (orange)starts glowing but after few seconds even before the bios screen pops the fan stops ..no beep , the orange light gets off ,but the green light blinks after a few 10-15 seconds difference..continuously....

when i myself trying to find out the problem ...i found that there are 2 power source from the smps to the motherboard..one socket with many number of wires ...and other socket with 4 wires(2 yellow 2 black)..but when i disconnected that 4 wire socket and switched on again the cpu fan and processor fan rotates till i switch off the cpu but no display comes ..

this is the maximum information i have ,...if u need more ask me but also tell me how to get that also ..as i am a electrical engineering student and hav 0 knowledge about computer hardware..

thank u in advance

Quote Originally Posted by riba983 View Post
    when i myself trying to find out the problem ...i found that there are 2 power source from the smps to the motherboard..one socket with many number of wires ...and other socket with 4 wires(2 yellow 2 black)..but when i disconnected that 4 wire socket and switched on again the cpu fan and processor fan rotates till i switch off the cpu but no display comes ..
    As far as I've seen, there is only one cable (with either 4 or multiple wires) connecting to the motherboard. If I disconnect that source from smps, the fan would not rotate. So I am not getting idea about your config. Anyways, from whatever you have explained, it seems to me that the problem is in the motherboard. Some supporting chip on the motherboard might have burned out which is why the motherboard could not function properly . I'll say, get it scrutinized from the hardware person personally. If theres indeed a motherboard problem, you can get it repaired. Since the fan is running continuously, there can be no problem with fan.

ohmy

I think the i will upgrade to a new cpu..i want to just change the motherboard, processor and ram ...will the same smps will run with any new motherboard??

another thing is that i am confused is what processor and motherboard i will buy ..so that it can atleast give satisfactory performance in the next 2-3 years,..

please tell me which processor i should buy core 2 duo or quad core ?? please specify the matching motherboard also ..

i will also request to specify the respective prices in india..
    hey friends please urgently as i will buy in a day or two ..
    thx

I think your current PSU will work without any problem!
    But still i think find out the problem first! Why is it happening with your system & the root cause?
    If you want to get new processor & motherboard then first figure out your requirement & your budget!

I just bought Quad core processor for high end gaming. Its a piece of cake

In your case, if your project work does not require high graphics programs or HD animation or if you do not intend to play high end games, then C2D is more than enough and will work smoothly. Not required to shell out more for Quad Core unnecessarily.

As regarding the prices of the hardware, a member from India can guide better.
    Best of Luck

Quote Originally Posted by appy10 View Post
    As regarding the prices of the hardware, a member from India can guide better.
    Best of Luck
    So heres the pricelist
    http://forums.techarena.in/guides-tutorials/1052386.htm
    Check it out.

Re: Really confused ..needs Urgent HELP !!!!

i am having exactly the same problem .
    system jus crashed while i was playing a game.. when i immediately switched on it asked me if i wana start the normal way.. i said yes..
    it copied few files.. then it crashed again.
    after which it refuses to start..
    when i opened my cabinet, i found tat the fans roate when i press th power button. bt then they immediately stop in a few seconds. it doesnt even boot into bios, infact there is no video o/p.

i did the same as riba said, pulling of the 4 pin power supply to the mother board. I noticed th processor fan rotates un interrupted. but then no point in letting it run as there is no video output either. pressing power button didnt stop th fan rotation. had to pull th plug off..

really not sure wats gone wrong.. has been a pizzing weekend..

Quote Originally Posted by theforensic View Post
    i am having exactly the same problem .
    system jus crashed while i was playing a game.. when i immediately switched on it asked me if i wana start the normal way.. i said yes..
    it copied few files.. then it crashed again.
    after which it refuses to start..
    when i opened my cabinet, i found tat the fans roate when i press th power button. bt then they immediately stop in a few seconds. it doesnt even boot into bios, infact there is no video o/p.

i did the same as riba said, pulling of the 4 pin power supply to the mother board. I noticed th processor fan rotates un interrupted. but then no point in letting it run as there is no video output either. pressing power button didnt stop th fan rotation. had to pull th plug off..

really not sure wats gone wrong.. has been a pizzing weekend..
    Frgot to mention.. Its an ASUS mother board.. AMD quad core. with palit 1gb graphics card.. n the green light in the MBD glows.. always.. and when usb devices are plugged in, it powers up. .and there is power even to the lan adapter.. all tats pizzing n not happening is the booting n running of the cpu..

i suggest u,to check ur cpu temperature...