Thread: How do I check the Motherboard for Compatibility?

How do I check the Motherboard for Compatibility?

"How do I check the Motherboard for Compatibility?"

The easiest and best source of information (if you know what you're looking at) is manufacturer websites. If you do not understand all the technobabble, then giving the manufacturer of the motherboard (if known) and the model number of the motherboard (a number that is silkscreened onto the top of the board) to a techie you know will allow him to get the answers you seek.

There are 2 free application that I like that will list, in detail, everything in your system including the type of motherboard, memory etc.

Belarc is one...

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Sandra is the other...

http://www.sisoftware.net/index.html...uy&langx=en&a=

Post Re: How do I check the Motherboard for Compatibility?

my motherboard is asus m4A79XTD what cpu and graphic card are compatible with?

Re: How do I check the Motherboard for Compatibility?

Quote Originally Posted by rsltwsl View Post
    By looking at the Asus M4A79XTD specifications it seems that it has 2 x PCI Express 2.0 (one x16 or dual x8 link) slot and therefore any video card with PCI-E 2.0 support can fit into the motherboard. You could get two of these video cards - SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100273L Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card. But unless you have enough money to buy two dual gpu cards, always buy a single card.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Quote Originally Posted by rsltwsl View Post
    I hope I'm not too late. You can put any graphic card in as long as it is PCIe 2.0(most of them are nowadays). As for the CPU, it's a an AMD based motherboard so don't go buying intel,make sure that the processor is based on AMD 790X/SB750 chipsets, given that you haven't given a price range I would suggest you coordinate b/w these two links to find one that suits your needs:
    Asus website Processor compatibility list, http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD...specifications

You'll also have to keep in mind the ram compatibility, make sure they're markes 1066mhz or 1333 mhz, or 1600 mhz(don't go for 1800mhz if you're not gonna overclock your machine cuz the motherboard won't handle it).
    go for a corsair or gskill. Here are a few compatible ones(check out asus memory compatibility list) Gskill PC3 6GBNQ , F3-10666CL9T-6GBNQ, Corsair CM3X2G1600C9DHX,CM3X2048-1333C9DHX. If you're into serious gaming get atleast 6 gb ram(whichever way you like)

Also make sure you get a good case(go in for an ATX instead uATX bigger means less heat though more bulky), don't use stock cpu cooler, get a good brand psu like corsair or coolermaster. if they seem pricey try and get one second hand or buy one with less wattage right now but atleast 300watts(cheap ones may go bad quickly and may even mess up your system).

Best Of Luck hope I helped somewhat.

first, you can only insert a processor with the same socket type. That means from one manufacturer (Intel or AMD) and within a product family. Even if the socket is compatible, a higher speed processor might not be supported due to lack of BIOS support, CPU frequency support, or front side bus speed.