Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Ram problem

Motherboard Processor & RAM

Old 18-09-2008
msnbot

Ram problem

I have 2 DDR rams of 256 MB one is of Samsung ans another is of simtronix but these both have different speeds. both are working fine with my my Intel 845 GVRS motherboard ( origional ) but it don't work properly on different motherboard. Why ?

Old 18-09-2008

The speed of the Ram is dependant on the maximum frequency upto which it can run. This frequency is mentioned on the Ram stick. Your Intel 845 GVRS (origional) motherboard must be compatible with both the speeds thats why both sticks works properly. On other motherboard, they might not support that frequency of Ram.
Old 18-09-2008

Something to add....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyBoy View Post
The speed of the Ram is dependant on the maximum frequency upto which it can run. This frequency is mentioned on the Ram stick. Your Intel 845 GVRS (origional) motherboard must be compatible with both the speeds thats why both sticks works properly. On other motherboard, they might not support that frequency of Ram.
In addition to this, I guess some motherboards do not support two different Ram's with different frequencies. They support Ram's with only same frequencies. I am not sure but is it really!

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: