Thread: RAM issue

RAM issue

Hi all

i am facing strange problem with my PC which has 2 X 1 GB DDR2 677 corsair ram modules. till week back every thing was ok for year but then my PC stopped booting. there was no RAM beep so i thought its RAM problem so i removed one ram at a time and started PC and it worked both times so third time i started PC with both RAMs on and it failed to start. now i thought its mobo problem but dual RAM failed on brand new asus mobo also.

i am not getting what is the problem ??

what i did till now :

used memtest+ 86 to test both RAM - individually both passed
    when tried to test in dual mode my PC never booted ..
    checked frequency of both rams its same . even changed DRAM frequency in BIOS to 333 from auto even that is not helping.... only thing remaining is changing ram voltage ( i dont know what should be the voltage and i dont want to risk my mobo so i didnt try that )
    i am not getting different BIOS parameters so they are @ default. BTW i have ASUS M2A-MX mobo.

strangely it worked in dual mode when i took to vendor not one time but twice. then it worked at my place for 30 mins or so then same old story.
    Last edited by zedex; 31-08-2008 at 11:36 PM.

Done overclocking to any hardware peripherals like ram or processor? If yes then reset those settings and check it again. If not then try to remove both the ram sticks and see that if you can hear any beep sound.

Quote Originally Posted by sergioKomic View Post
    Done overclocking to any hardware peripherals like ram or processor? If yes then reset those settings and check it again. If not then try to remove both the ram sticks and see that if you can hear any beep sound.
    no overclocking ... all on default settings

never removed both rams and started i will do that and let u know ... BTW what should be the expected results??

As I mentioned it in my previous post, you should hear the beep sound.

Quote Originally Posted by zedex View Post
    strangely it worked in dual mode when i took to vendor not one time but twice. then it worked at my place for 30 mins or so then same old story.
    That denotes that it can neither be a Ram issue nor Motherboard issue. Otherwise it would not have worked for even 30 minutes. Ask your vendor to check out some other possibilities. Confirm if your computer rig supports 2 GB of Ram in dual mode.