Thread: Sloooow Computer

sad Sloooow Computer

I have just had my acer computer upgraded from 512 ram to 2gig and 40 gid hard drive left in and 320 added. Since then it has been really slow. Im not a computer expert by any means so some help would be great. The guy who upgraded it says I now need a new motherboard. Ug!! as it slows down after it has been running a while. Its a 2.8 processor. I would be inclined to remove the old hard drive once I have taken off anything that is required and see how it goes. How can you tell if your motherboard has had the "Richard"!!

Its strange that after upgrading the RAM to 2GB, the computer become slow Have you installed any programs that consume lot of memory after upgrading? Your processor with 2.8 GHz seems to be good enough. And i dont think adding 320 GB hard disk would consume much memory as you have also increased memory size as well. As the hardware guy told, I feel the same. The old motherboard must not be getting adjusted with either 2GB RAM or large hard disk size

Thanks for that. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt being told BS. We thought about power supply issues but I figured it just would have fallen over if that was the case. Only transferred the programs from the old hard drive which had the same problem, thats why I thought if I disconnected it to see if it makes any difference? Only have XP home, usual stuff eg Microsoft office etc. Adobe photo shop is probably the biggest !
    Last edited by dnamusocat; 27-08-2008 at 02:42 PM. Reason: forgot to add some thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dnamusocat View Post
    Only transferred the programs from the old hard drive which had the same problem, thats why I thought if I disconnected it to see if it makes any difference?
    Okey then disconnect the hard drive after transferring the programs and see if that makes any difference. I dont feel though that it will affect. Anyways, let me know when you are done. Meanwhile, I'll try to track the reason for your computer being sloooow