Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Budget gaming motherboard and processor pair

Motherboard Processor & RAM

Old 11-08-2008

Budget gaming motherboard and processor pair

I need your help in deciding between the systems I have in my mind.
I am building a system mainly for playing heavy games.

I have seen on the net that C2D E8500 is a very good gaming processor. But, I am not able to get a suitable motherboard within range and suiting my purpose. So, I might consider a Phenom in similar price range too.
I am going to get a top end graphics card at the end of September. So, I need a motherboard accordingly.
I will be either getting a Radeon 4850 crossfire, or a GTX 260 FTW edition. In case they are not available here at that time I will be ordering it from the US.

Anycase, I need a motherboard with 2 PCIe (standard 2) slots with hybrid SLI(incase of nvidia) or a 780G chipset in case of ATI.
Please suggest the combination and let me know the price tags for the same.
Hoping to get an answer soon.

Last edited by Mike_Kol : 11-08-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11-08-2008

help needed for motherboard

I need your help in deciding between the systems in have in my mind.
I am building a system mainly for playing heavy games.

I have seen on the net that C2D E8500 is a very good gaming processor. But, I am not able to get a suitable motherboard within range and suiting my purpose. So, I might consider a Phenom in similar price range too.
I am going to get atop end graphics card at the end of September. So, I need a motherboard accordingly.
I will be either getting a Radeon 4850 crossfire, or a GTX 260 FTW edition. In case they are not available here at that time I will be ordering it from the US.

Anycase, I need a motherboard with 2 PCIe (standard 2) slots with hybrid SLI(incase of nvidia) or a 780G chipset in case of ATI.
Please suggest the combination and let me know the price tags for the same.
Hoping to get an answer soon.
Old 12-08-2008

How about this board but it is little costly to what I think

Old 12-08-2008

any more suggestions??
In the more reasonable or budget range???
Old 13-08-2008

Go with Asus P5Q Deluxe: Intel P45 Board which will cost you Rs. 8000 to 9000 only.
Old 13-08-2008

Hi,
Thanks...

I have a doubt... I will be buying the graphics card a little later. So, i would want a board with a decent IGp... but i suppose most boards have good IGP's now.. though i am not sure...

Any ways...
Is there any possibility to use the GTX 260 card in Hybrid SLI mode and have the scope for a secong card for dual SLI mode in any motherboard.
Really do not have any choice over processors, as i would be getting a E8500 in intel is supported and be getting a Phenom 9850 or 9600 X4 if amd is supported.
I just want a motherboard to be best with present and future situations...
if GTX 260 with hybrid SLI and full SLI is supported i would go for it. Otherwise i think ATI would be the better choice.
Old 14-08-2008

The Ati 4870 video card in CrossFire would be much cheaper for you than 260 SLI and for the mobo it just depends on what is your budget. The Gigabyte GA-X48 would be a good mobo for you, since both slots run PCI-E 2.0 x16 in crossfire mode.
Old 14-08-2008

Both the cards have very similar price right now. But in most games, HD4870 would beat the GTX 260. I know that. But, the reason i preferred the GTX was because of Hybrid SLI. I would be downloading a lot as well as do some of my office work, which requires pretty heavy CPU power and ram, but is not graphics dependent. So, i wanted some power savings during that time.
Now i am not sure if i can swith between the mGPU and the dGPU without changing the monitor plug poit in Hybrid Crossfire. But it is possible in Hybrid SLI. Thats why i was going for the GTX.
So, is there any boaard where Hybrid SLI and full SLI is possible supporting GTX 260 and i dont have to sell an arm to buy it???
I would be even happier if anyone can tell me that the same can be done with Hybrid crossfire, bye bye GTX, welcome HD. The choice becomes clearer then...

About the motherboard... What is so special about X48 ? i mean i find anything special in it for the outrageous price point. !!! I mean Yes, intel boards are the only place i can put intel and ATI togather, but thats possible in the much cheaper P-45 too. Whats the difference? AMD and nForce chipsets seems to be much better choice. Please tell me whats so special about them?
Thanks in advance for your replies..
Old 08-07-2010

Re: Budget gaming motherboard and processor pair

please rely to my post i want a motherboard for intel dual core E5300 processor a motherboard which can support DDR2 ram upto 4GB and a nvidia graphics card add-in slot
Old 08-07-2010

I think that you should have to check out the below given link which is having the detailed description about the Motherboard for the computer running with the Dual Core processor. All you have to do is to read out the same and see whether you are getting any motherboard for your use or not.
Dual Core Desktop
Old 10-07-2010
paare

Jetway ha07 ultra mbo .pair it with any phenom 2 series cpu(phenom 2x2 555 be- unlockes to quad core) both cost near around 5k each .

TechArena Community > Hardware > Motherboard Processor & RAM
Tags: , , , ,