Thread: New motherboard needed for a new build

New motherboard needed for a new build

I want a mobo for a new build & i have posted this on various sites. I dont know which mobo to choose as I have a budget of $ 110 for choosing a new mobo. I dont know about overclocking but if it is good then i would go with it also. I have bought almost all things but the mobo is still not yet decide >
    Processor AMD x2 6000+
    500 gb Sata hard drive
    Video card 8800gt edition oc
    500 Watt PSU
    Case Thermaltake
    2 gb DDR2 Memory

Now, after some search I am thinking to go for this mobo as this looks very nice to me.

I have some question regrading the mobo -

1. Does this mobo have newer chipset and will be able to run with this current setup? Also can I have upgrade ability with this mobo?

2. If I am running an Nvidia cards then can i face any issues running it on this mobo as it is of ATI chipset & are this chipset good then the Nvidia's one?

3. Is it ggod to pay for the extra cost to purchase 1066 mhz DDR2 ram with the help of upgrading to a CPU which will support this speed in the future?

4. Are there any issues or advantages to a Micro ATX board & the Standard ones?

5. Can anyone suggest me any other good mobo with a smiilar cost?

This game will be used for gaming purpose & some graphics only. any help would be greatful. Thanks

Do a reading on Anandtech on this that can help you alot. Look carefully at the parts about the motherboards discussed. If you change your mind on buying any intel cpu,then consider buying a Gigabyte or Asus P35 board that will come in your price range.

Thankks for the links. But I give Amd more thoughts over Intel though thsy outperform the AMD's for now. Amd comes in good budget & I like it the most. Only thing is that i want some info on the chipsets as I dunno what should I consider?

Read up on the following for those processors : http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=3299
    You need to have Aftermarket HSF which is necessary. Also if needed it is also a good idea to use heatsinks for mosfets. Consider getting the Jetway & Sapphire which uses 8 pin power connector which is fine. Another model which already has heatpipe heatsink for mosfets is here.

Thanks, Now after much consideration I am switching to Intel's E8400 processor? It consumes very low power which is really attractive & not to forget the 45nm architecture built. So, what would be a good mobo for this processor which will also support 1066 ram modules. Thank you very much.

As already mentioned Motherboards with Intel P35 chipsets would be a good idea to go for.