Thread: Mobo and power supply unit needed for HD 4870

Mobo and power supply unit needed for HD 4870

Hi all,
    I am planning for a new system and hoping to put in the HD4870 card in it. Its is still not avaliable in India so i'll get the system first and then get the card when it launches in India.
    I was thinking as to what are the other componets required for the card to run properly.
    I am planning for a Samsung 19" monitor. Not sure abt the resolution.
    AMD Phenom X4 9550 processor and a dual slot crossfire enabled mobo.
    plus i would be getting a 2GB ddr2 ram and upgrade it along with getting the card.
    Can anyone suggest if i need a cooling system like water cooling or something?
    But more importantly, i need to know what kind of power supply unit i need to support this system?
    Also, what is the cheapest mobo that will run the system with the card. I mean... its GDDR5 !!! will the mobo will depend on it.. i am not sure... Please suggest me in this regard.
    the Asus 780 chipset mobo looks good with a HD3200 onboard graphics, that would be good enough to sustain my old games like most wanted, dmc3 and prince of persia...(wanna play them again to get back my gaming habits before looking forward to assassins creed, crysis and the likes )

Looking forward for ur help. Would be getting the system in the first week of Aug when i'll move to a new city.

Asus p5ke is the best that you can get & would do the job for the card & for the psu this OCZ is a good one OCZ 900W ModXStream Modular PSU - Aria Technology

I would go for the 4850/ 4870 and Gigabyte boards. I have an excellent intel gigabyte board GA-P35-DS3R.