Thread: Unable to access Control Center for ATI Radeon HD 4650

Unable to access Control Center for ATI Radeon HD 4650

Since the new installed has been came, I am not able to access the CCC for my ATI Radeon HD 4650. And even i have a problem regarding the driver for this card. My computer specifications includes Dual core processor with an AMD Athlon X64 5000. 4 Gb Ram with an ATI Radeon HD4650 1 gig and i have installed 64 bit Windows XP Professional.

Re: Unable to access Control Center for ATI Radeon HD 4650

I think you should directly go to the an official web site of an ATI where they have provided the drivers for your ATI Radeon HD 4650 to run on windows xp professional. And please note that you first uninstall the previous drivers properly then begin with the installing the new one as the older drivers would be interfering with the new one.

I have just visited the official website of an ATI and found that they have not provided any of the drivers for the ATI Radeon HD 4650 so you might have to use the drivers for some other card. I guess you must try using the driver of ATI Radeon HD 4600 which i guess would be working for the 4650 on your 64 bit windows xp system. I am not so sure about it but i think you should at least try once for the same.

I suggest you to install an each driver individually as first DD then CCC and then WDM. Though i do not know that where they put the Idividual Section for 64bit xp as it is not on the their web site but i think you should go for Normal XP. First uninstall an ATI drivers from your computer then begin the installation process with the 10.1 Drivers individually.

According to me, Installing the drivers for windows xp system would be installing the drivers of 32 bit windows operating system and i guess it would not working on the 64 bit operating system.
    I have never tried it but i think it should not be working as per your expectations. It might happen that this driver will increase your problem instead of solving it.

I have tried downloading the display drivers first and then after that i have downloaded the CCC but i think even this does not works. I think the problem would be with the driver itself. So there is nothing i can do to solve the drivers problem. Is there any other driver which i can use instead of this one. It might happen that somebody have got out of this problem by doing so but unluckily it was not with me!

Actually the installation process matters a lot while installing the drivers on windows operating system. Actually it does not matter in other cases but when it comes to an installing driver for GPUs then it is important that which sequence you follow while installing. You should always begin installing the Drivers first then after that install the CCC and then you may install WDM.