Thread: 'DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. Check the readme for possible solutions'

'DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. Check the readme for possible solutions'

Good day fellows.
    I have Windows Vista premium with Call of Duty 4 and Crysis installed just now

When i try to start Crysis I get an error message as follows
    "DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. Check the readme for possible solutions'.

Any suggestions would be very helpful.

I had a problem with DirectX in a game recently i fixed it by downloading the dxwebsetup file from the DirectX homepage and running it to get the very latest version. Could give it a try.

Downloaded and installed latest version.. Still nothing changes...

Re: 'DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error. Check the readme for possible solutions'

Though this thread is thread is 4-1/2yrs old, the problem is ongoing...
    Here's a fix that worked for me--an uncommon one that, if needed, is the ONLY fix that DID work. I bought Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit. Installed, and everything worked fine--WITHOUT having to use special drivers! Including the mobo chipset drivers. And that was the problem with seemingly ONLY Black Ops! Of course I read everything there was available, and even tried the hair-brained ideas submitted by ppl who wanted to help, but had not done any research.
    Well, to get to the point, what I did as the last thing, having all the other "try this--" suggestions exhausted, was to install the latest mobo drivers from my Mfgr., which of course replaced those of Microsoft. Even the original mobo disk would have been more appropriate for my system, which I had upgraded from a core 2 Duo E8500, to a Quad core q9650, and from 2 GTX260SSC in SLI, to 2 GTX560Ti in SLI. Finally, since the beginning of Win 7, and then Black Ops--I have no more crashes!
    Last edited by laserscottman; 11-07-2011 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Saw the thread was 4 yrs old, but the topic is right-on.