Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to watch TV on a iMac

Monitor & Video Cards

Old 04-12-2014

How to watch TV on a iMac

No doubt iMac has the best screen in the desktop series. I want some way through which I can watch TV on this. I am having a Windows laptop that comes with integrated TV tuner card. I just have connect my set top box to that and done. It starts working. But in iMac there is no such options. I want to stream some HD videos on that. There is a new show coming soon and I want to see that in HD quality. Also does iMac has any option through which I can record them also. I am not able to find any internal app for the same.

Old 05-12-2014

Re: How to watch TV on a iMac

It is not possible through some third party apps. You have to use a TV tuner card and you can do the same. This is the most simplest way. There are some players that give you a direct online TV Channels. But they are not the one that you see through your set top box. Most of them are online tv channels. Here if you can arrange a tv tuner card, like some usb based then you can use that on the iMac. This usb tv tuner cards comes with a software to run the serial and you can also record the same.
Old 06-12-2014

Re: How to watch TV on a iMac

It can be done through HDMI. For which you have to get a blu ray or some kind of media player. There are ample of them. You have to connect the set top box to the media player. And then you can connect your iMac to the media payer through a hdmi cable. And it will start working. The iMac will just act a TV screen where all your programs will be visible. But for recording you have to anyhow buy a TV Tuner card. This feature is not available in the regular media player.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , ,