Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

screen goes black and white after installing Asus R9 290 DirectCU II

Monitor & Video Cards

Old 25-11-2014

screen goes black and white after installing Asus R9 290 DirectCU II

I had an old Asus R9 290 DirectCU II video card with me and I recently installed it in my computer. After that I booted up my pc and installed all the required drivers for this graphics card. Once the driver got installed I tried to restart my pc and all of a sudden the screen went black and white. I then tried to uninstall and reinstall the latest drivers from the AMD website but still got the same issue. When I remove the driver then everything works fine, but upon installing any version of the graphics card driver the screen shows the same problem. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks

Old 26-11-2014

Re: screen goes black and white after installing Asus R9 290 DirectCU II

Can you try to first of all reseat your graphics card on your motherboard. Just try to disconnect the machine for the purpose of power cycle process. After that unplug the video card from the motherboard and disconnect the connectors. Now reinsert the graphics card back in and then turn on your computer again. After that try to remove all the old graphics drivers and also the new if it is required and check whether this time the problem gets resolved.
Old 27-11-2014

First of all download the latest graphics drivers for your new graphics card and then uninstall the current old drivers that you have installed in your computer and restart your machine. After that download a tool called CCleaner to ensure that no leftovers of the previous drivers remain in the registry. After that shut down and turn off the power supply via the back switch if it has. Change video card and boot to Windows and dont let it install anything automatically. After that install the new driver that you have downloaded.
Old 28-11-2014

Did you try to update your BIOS on your motherboard and after that did the Windows Update? Because it is a new card in the Asus line, it might be possible that the old BIOS wont work with the newer GPU. You should also try to ensure the dual-bios switch on the R9 290 is set to option 1 and not 2, you can easily find its switch on the top of the card. Check the cable from the monitor to the graphics card, it may even be problematic. You can also go to the AMD Catalyst Control Center and go to Preferences and then restore all options to factory defaults to see if it works as well.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , , ,