Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Graphic card upgrade for a HTPC

Monitor & Video Cards

Old 03-11-2014

Graphic card upgrade for a HTPC

I want a graphic card upgrade for my htpc. It is an small ITX cabinet and I am not able to find any gpu for the same. I had seen a few cards in the market but I want one that can play all latest games. Most of them are not goign to work due to its portable design. I had tried looking around. Is there any card released which is capable of giving me a reasonable performance. I am not going to play at a very high resolution. It will be on a 18inch monitor.

Old 03-11-2014

Re: Graphic card upgrade for a HTPC

There is one that is released recently SAPPHIRE R9 285 2GB GDDR5. It is an nice portable card that you can try out and you will get a reasonable gaming output on the same. I am not sure about the cost of this card, but I think it will give you all required performance as per your need. This card gives you a 375MHz memory clock where the output is nice. You can play games at decent level. It is a very small card. I am not sure about max resolution output on the same.
Old 03-11-2014

Re: Graphic card upgrade for a HTPC

I had seen this card on amazon and I was also willing to buy the same. The cost of this card is around $260. As it is a ITX card so this kind of cost is expected. I think the output here will be good and will allow you a decent output. You have to check this before buying whether this is goign to fit in your system or not. This card comes with a single hdmi port that offer you 3D support and comes ith 2 Mini-Display Port. And there is single Dual-Link DVI-I also.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , ,