Thread: Connecting pc to tv through dvi to hdmi adapter

Connecting pc to tv through dvi to hdmi adapter

I have a windows 7 pc with gpu. It has two dvi ports. I want to connect my pc to my tv through that. The TV has a single hdmi port only. So I want to connect my pc to tv through dvi to hdmi adapter. I just want to know whether it will work or not. The adapter is costly and after buying if it does not work then it is a waste of money. I had never did this before. I want to stream all my pc movies to the TV through that.

Re: Connecting pc to tv through dvi to hdmi adapter

You have to test that first. I am not really sure about that but I think it will work. I had done this before on a pc monitor. We had connected the monitor to pc gpu through dvi to hdmi adapter and it was working fine. I am not sure about the TV whether it will accept the connection or not. You can buy one from amazon for Rs.300. It is a single adapter that has dvi connector at one side and hdmi on the other. You use hdmi cable for connecting both.

Re: Connecting pc to tv through dvi to hdmi adapter

It will work. That is reason why this convertors are designed. You will get the kind of output you are looking for. All you need is a compatible adapter. There is no great difference between the port of a tv and monitor. They are the same. Most of them are hdmi in. That means you can connect it as a screen through your pc. Just choose the source properly. Display would be more amazing if you have a direct hdmi to hdmi connection.