Thread: How about using a Android TV on HTPC

How about using a Android TV on HTPC

There are few tv in the market that comes with android pre-installed. We can install apps and games on the same. How about using it like a HTPC. I am not able to find any solution here. I had seen some models which are costly but are loaded with android that makes them really awesome. You can use them like a pc also by installing various applications. I want some advice on it. Because here through apps it will be easier to configure the TV.

Re: How about using a Android TV on HTPC

Android TV are slow. That is because of poor internal processor. You must buy only after testing out the performance and proper hardware. It can be a complicated problem to manage later on. I had seen a set of few android tv in the market which work slow when you install too many apps. You can buy a TV with lan port. That will do the job. You can stream content of your lan network directly in it.

Re: How about using a Android TV on HTPC

It is correct that if you go with android tv you can have bit issue with performance. Instead buy a media box. There are many. Like WDLive Tv. This portable media player are easy to use and give you complete TV as well as android usage. WoxiMedia is one of them. They offer you a qwerty remote to manage your tv content. You can use a usb directly on it to play videos. You can play games and do other things.