Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-04-2014

GTX 780 throttling fix?

I am using an Asus Z77 mobo with Nvidia GTX 780 graphics card. I have also installed 8gb RAM, Antec 750 watt power supply and intel i3 core processor. The problem that I am facing happens only in few games that I play on my pc. After the game starts then the card will start to downclock itself? I have also run Afterburner which was showing a maximum temperature of 45C, so why I am getting the throttling issue? Is there any fix for this problem? Thanks
Old 25-04-2014

Re: GTX 780 throttling fix?

Can you minimize the game and then open Task Manager and check if your graphics card usage is at 100%? If you get this high processes usage then you will probably face this problem. You can even try to go into the Nvidia Control Panel and then set the Global Power Settings to Performance instead of Adaptive and then check the difference. If this still doesnt fix the issue then you might have to test your card in some other PC and see if it behaves the same way or not.
Old 26-04-2014

If you have installed any custom GPU BIOS then I would suggest you to revert back to the stock BIOS for your GTX 780 card. If you have done some GPU overclocking then lowering down the voltage to stock is also not a bad idea. After doing all this, just check if the card is throttling again or not. Or else you will need to wait for a driver fix but with Nvidia it is a very long time for you to wait.
Old 26-04-2014

I would suggest you to download and install a program called EVGA Precision X which can be used to monitor the GPU usage, power consumption, graphics card clock rate, just go into monitoring and add to your OSD. You will also need to make sure that all your other components are working fine and it will be good if you can stay away from overclocking until you get a proper result from your hardware components.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , ,