Thread: Gigabyte GTX 780ti card crashing, artifacting...

Gigabyte GTX 780ti card crashing, artifacting...

I recently bought a new GTX 780TI graphics card and installed it in my computer. When I started 3d mark application then it started showing me artifacts in some videos and also crashed after sometime. So I returned the card and got a replacement card only to find out it was doing the same crashing thing. There are some games that also crash randomly. I tested my old video card and it worked fine. Any ideas how to fix this?

Re: Gigabyte GTX 780ti card crashing, artifacting...

Can you tell us what is the model of the power supply that you are using? Also let us know how much does the GPU temperature rises both in idle and full load mode? The crashing of a video card suggest that it is a system problem and not a GPU issue. In the end you wont be able to RMA too often since if it is heat related then they cant control the environment at which the GPU is placed.

I was also having the same problem with the Gigabyte 780 TI card which was giving me artifacting and crashing issue while playing any games. So, I had to downclock this card to become stable. It seems that Gigabyte team is not testing their card and must have got a batch of bad cards. So I would only suggest that if you have this brand of card then immediately get rid of it and take a new one.

Many people who have the same Gigabyte 780TI card are facing the same problem and now they are replacing it with other models. Some retailers are also exchanging the Gigabyte 780TI model with the EVGA 780 Ti Superclocked because they have gone through so many complaints for the Gigabyte model and so they returned it within some weeks time.