Thread: sound issues after installing HD 7850

sound issues after installing HD 7850

I am running Windows 7 on my computer and have recently bought a new Radeon HD 7850 graphics card. But after installing this card the sound in my computer has become very low. Infact every other things like games, videos, etc; have become slow. I have RAM of about 4GB, so it doesnt look to be a RAM issue. So does this means that the problem is with the video card only? Thanks

Re: sound issues after installing HD 7850

Can you first of all tell us whether you are using the HDMI or Display Port output from your Radeon HD 7850 graphics card? Also, did you install the latest graphics driver available on the AMD website. Once you have installed the proper drivers then you need to setup the sound setting in your computer to the graphics card I guess. So try to do that and let us know.

What you need to do is click on Start and go to Control Panel. After that click on Sound and then Playback and here you need to make your default sound and not your HD 7850 video card. You can also try to open the driver and then go to information in the drop down box software update and then check for updates. If still this doesnt work then use a DVI connector from the card to the monitor.

Can you tell us whether you are using a sound card in your computer build. If that is the case then check whether it is seated properly or not. Just remove the video card and also the sound card and then reseat the sound card and then put in the graphics card as well. There could be another problem that the PCIE slot might be dying on the motherboard which is causing this issue.