Thread: cheapest video card for high end games

cheapest video card for high end games

I have a assembled computer with a old Asus motherboard and Quad Core processor. I am also using only 4gb RAM on my system. Now I am looking for the cheapest available graphics card that can play high end games even on low settings if possible. Games like Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag, Need for Speed Rivals, etc; should work in lowest settings. Thanks

Re: cheapest video card for high end games

Can you tell us what is your budget for the graphics card? I would suggest you to go with GTX 660 video card and it will be able to handle every game along with your system. You will be able to play all games that you have listed atleast at medium settings for sure. If you go with any above video card then perhaps with your system the card might just bottleneck.

Yes, even I think that you will not be able to play high end games with the current computer build you are having, even after using a good graphics card. You should be better off by purchasing a complete new build and have something like either Intel Core processor or Amd FX series processor to play all the games that you have listed. It will be a waste if you purchase a new PCIE graphics card.

The above reply is not true. I was using an old build with Asus P5Q deluxe, with quad core Q6600 processor along with a HD4870 video card and 2gb ddr2 RAM only. With this setup I was able to play almost all games at medium settings and even on Windows 7 operating system. Although there was some lag here and there while gaming but while gaming I always used to quit all background apps running which proved successful.