Thread: GTX 780 OC edition crashes computer

GTX 780 OC edition crashes computer

I recently installed a GTX 780 OC video card in my computer and if I am trying to start any games then the pc will give me a black screen after some time and then it will shut down. There will be no error or blue screen given even if I restart it again. I have a Corsair 750W PSU, Asus P6T motherboard and i5 overclocked to 3.5ghz and am using the latest nvidia drivers. So what could be the issue? Can anyone please help me out? Thanks

Re: GTX 780 OC edition crashes computer

Can you try to up the voltage of your video card a bit because it seems to me that the openGL based games are causing this problems. What I have noticed is that when any of my game crashes similarly like you then it seems to be missing some voltage on the graphics card or the CPU might not be properly set if overclocked.

The problem might be related to some extreme voltage increase just to play the games with your graphics card. So, I would suggest you to temporarily disable all the CPU overclock setting and then check what happens when you play the game again. Also, did you make sure that both the 6 pin and 8 pin Power connector from the PSU is connected to your GTX 780 video card?

I have heard that there is a problem with the GTX 700 series card of Nvidia. I am using GTX 770 video card which will BSOD if I keep it on idle for a long period of time or it will automatically restart. When I check the memory dumps then everything points to the nvidia drivers only. Right now I am using the Nvidia 314 driver version which is working properly.