Thread: What does triple buffering in gpu means

What does triple buffering in gpu means

I had seen number of time a term tripe buffering in gpu. What does this means. Is this and vysnc is one and the same. I had seen some features which are associated that and many says that triple buffering is actually good and is capable of giving out good output. The cost of a gpu which has this tripe buffering thing is costlier. I need a new gpu which is ideal for games like Battlefield 4. So going for a traditional one will do the job or I have to anyhow buy a costly one.

Re: What does triple buffering in gpu means

This is a advance feature which offer you more performance over the regular one. This only works well if you are a supported hardware. That means your system must support this thing or else it is of no use. It also require vsync to work properly.

Triple buffering boost the gaming output. This is closely associated with vsync where the gaming output in enhanced. Most of the gpu comes with this settings but they do not fulfill the requirements. That is because of a low end system hardware. To use this thing you need a good system. Your processor and ram must be more. This option by default comes in all video games. And when you enable then you get more realistic effect on the screen. Triple buffering just boost the speed of gpu in terms of gaming. This is just to enhance the output. But if you are on a old system then you must ignore it. This thing is widely used on opengl games. You can enable it and it will work only required. But to get better output many people ask you to turn off this thing or else game crashes. The gps got affected on old system due to this.

It is a gpu features. I think almost all new gpu in the market comes with this feature. It just boost the resolution output. But as mentioned above you much have the compatible hardware to use that feature. Or else it is not use of buying it.