Thread: video editing with GTX 600 video cards

video editing with GTX 600 video cards

I wanted to buy a new video card and was going to buy a new GTX 650 graphics card. But one of my friend told me that the 600 series graphics card are not good for video editing though it will be able to support high end games without any issues. Now I was wondering if this is the case, then should I drop my mind and go for another graphics card? Thanks

Re: video editing with GTX 600 video cards

If you are planning to do some video editing in the future then all the Nividia 600 series graphics card are not meant for you. There are not much GPU computing left in any newer Nvidia video cards. If you want then you can buy any of the Amd Radeon 7000 series card which will beat any Nvidia 600 series card in any comput type of benchmarks.

I think that using a graphics card to encode video is not a good idea. Most of the time when the GPU is used for encoding a video then it also increases the CPU load and another time the output also comes out pretty bad. The Nvidia cards are meant for playing new games at a high framerate but it is not so good for video converting at all.

Well, previously Nvidia was using their GPU computing as a strong weapon but now they have said that they moved away from it on their GTX 600 series cards and focus more on high end games. Also the new Nvidia cards are not so useful with the Adobe Premiere Pro. So, I think that if you are planning for editing and encoding then AMD cards will be an ideal choice for you.