Thread: Dead pixel test software for 27inch Gaming monitor

Dead pixel test software for 27inch Gaming monitor

How to find out dead pixels. There are certain black spots on my widescreen monitor. They are very tiny. Sometime they disappear. I searched on web about that found that it is due to dead pixels. I need some software through which I can locate this dead pixel. My monitor is still under warranty and I am sure that it will get repaired. But right-now I am not sure whether those black sports are dirt or dead pixel.

Re: Dead pixel test software for 27inch Gaming monitor

You can notice that when you are using the monitor. Most of the time if you see any black sport just wipe it with a soft cloth. If it goes then it is dirt but if not then it is the dead pixel. That part will never work and you have to send the monitor to repair.

There are some dead pixel tester software. Some of them are online. You can run them to find out the issue. You can download it from web. Dead Pixel Tester is a tiny tool which provide a bit information on various screen problem. It is nothing but a tool that runs some random color on the screen to show you not working part. Dead pixel is a hardware fault. It cannot be repaired. You have to send the monitor to a repair center to get it fixed. Most of the dead pixel appear after a really long time. In old monitors. But if they appear early then repairing them is too costly. It is better to purchase a new one. Most of the dead pixel appear if you keep on touching the screen constantly. The pixel is pressurized and it burns out. If you go for a better model then this kind of things never appear. Like buying a costly gaming monitor from popular brands like LG, Acer, Dell, etc. They give you durable products.

I have a Dell system which I am using from a really long time. It works fine and has a great output. It has a nice vibrant screen and works fine with maximum resolution. There is no issue with it till now.