Thread: Planar touch screen monitor not working in Windows 7

Planar touch screen monitor not working in Windows 7

One of my cousin gave me his old Planar touchscreen monitor to use. I am now using it with Windows 7 computer. But I have noticed that after every 5 minutes or so the touch screen stops working. To get the touchscreen to work again I have to restart my computer or disconnect and plug the USB cable. Does anyone know how to get it to working on Windows 7 please? Thanks

Re: Planar touch screen monitor not working in Windows 7

Have you tried download the drivers for the Planar touch screen monitor model that you have from the official website. You will need to go on this link - http://www.planar.com/support/drivers-software/ and then choose the driver for your touch screen monitor model and then download and install it on your Windows 7 computer. If there are no drivers listed in the Windows 7 category then probably the monitor isnt capable to work with the same operating system.

The problem might be also because of the Usb driver so check that you have the latest USB drivers for the usb port. Also check that the USB touch input device is not set to be powered off in the settings to avoid any power saving options. You can check the same in the monitor's power management tab by going in to Device Manager.

It seems like there is some problem with the Optical Touch Inputs in Windows 7 which is not letting the touchscreen to function properly. You will have to contact the Planar technical support and ask them if this monitor is supported in Windows 7 or not. For some specific brands like Planar I dont think microsoft might be having drivers to support it. The drivers should be obtainable only from the manufacturer's website.