Thread: HD 5970 pixelation issues

HD 5970 pixelation issues

I am using a HD 5970 graphics card and from last 2-3 days I am getting pixelation issues in-game and the driver also crashes as well. I was thinking that the issue might be the graphics card but after replacing to a new same model GPU I am still getting the same problem. I have a 650W power supply and I dont think that it could be the problem. Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks

Re: HD 5970 pixelation issues

Have you tried different monitors or cables? Can you check if the card is not getting overheated because the kind of problem you are describing happens alot due to overheating. Check the cards fan is spinning properly or not. Just remove the side cover off the computer and then see if the problem still happens. Clean all the dust from the inside and verify that the inside is not much hot, if it is then you will need to equip some cooling solutions.

Even I agree that it is definitely a case of overheating of the graphics card. What you can do is, try to check the temperature while playing any games. Just download a temp monitoring software called GPUz and then run it in the background and then launch the game and play for a while then minimize the game and check the temp readings. If it is too high then shut down the computer and purchase some good coolers.

Its definitely the graphics card problem or the Power supply. When you start the computer then does the pixelation happens right then or sometime later? Incase the video card seems to be dead out of the box then it could be problem with the PSU. If it was a RAM problem then you might be probably getting blue screens or application crashing.