Thread: Blurry video while streaming from Dell laptop to Samsung TV via HDMI

Blurry video while streaming from Dell laptop to Samsung TV via HDMI

I am trying to stream some content from my Dell laptop to Samsung TV. For that I bought a HDMI cable from ebay. It is a kind of universal cable that works with everything. But when I try to stream content I am getting a blurry video. I cannot get a good amount of output which I was expecting. I am playing all HD videos on it. Can anyone simply help me to make it more better.

Re: Blurry video while streaming from Dell laptop to Samsung TV via HDMI

Change the cable. The cable is faulty. I got the same issue on my system. I did a set of different things and at last only after changing cable the issue was resolved. Contact the seller to give you replacement.

Check out the connection first. Remove it and place it well. Now there are some standards available in HDMI cable. And if that does not meet you get this kind of outdated video output. Second thing you will need to do is to go ahead with driver updates. You can go and download the latest drivers from the web and run a update. The video driver plays a vital role in giving out proper output. Now most of the time when you connect a second monitor the resolution is automatically adjusted by Windows. But sometime it is not. Your laptop resolution is simply copied on the screen. The TV tries to stretch the low resolution pc screen that gives out a blurry screen. So the first thing you can do is in your system first increase your brightness. This is usually controlled by the video driver, but if it is not working the you must move ahead with manual settings. This is one of the best way to fix the issue. If your TV is having multiple hdmi port then try to change the connection and test back. Resolution change must work here. But if nothing works then the only option left is to buy a different cable.

I think resolution will fix the issue. I had connected a 20inch monitor on my laptop which has 14inch screen and after connecting the resolution is configured automatically. The display size is adjusted and there is no blurry output. Just checkout different resolution.