Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013

blue screen of death with XFX 7850

I recently purchased a Xfx 7850 graphics card and am facing some problem with black screen issue. If I am watching any video on youtube then the crashes happen all of a sudden. Before the crash there will be a horizontal line that will flicker on the monitor for sometime and then the pc will crash. After that when the pc restarts then it will simply show me a blue screen and I have to restart my pc again to get it to start properly. Can anyone please tell me how do I solve this problem? Thanks
Old 09-07-2013

Re: blue screen of death with XFX 7850

Well, have you done some overclocking of your graphics card on your system? Also, try to update to the latest graphics driver available for your video card. Did you try to force constant voltage and also try to turn off monitor. What I am trying to say is dont let Windows to let the monitor to sleep. These kind of crashes are only caused because of overclocking the card and happens everytime even when it is on idle.
Old 10-07-2013

Can you try to turn off the hardware acceleration? Also, incase you main monitor is set as Hdmi to Dvi the second monitor is Dvi to Dvi then just get a MDP to Dvi and see if that solves the issue. Try to also clean install all the drivers by using Revo Uninstaller software. You never know if it could be a driver problem, so first uninstall the previous one and then install the latest graphics driver available for your card.
Old 11-07-2013

The problem that you are facing can also happen because of overheating of your video card. So try to monitor the temp of your card by using some temp monitor software like GPUz or similar. Also what power supply do you have, if it is faulty then also you will have similar problems. Do you also have some coolers inside your cabinet, if not then get one of those and constantly monitor the temprature.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , , ,